none
Unable to initialize logging to file

Question

• Hi,

I've got a little problem with the basket pipline. The pipline failes somewhere in the "Order Adjust Price" Stage where the Discounts are applied. The exception i get is:

Unable to initialize logging to file : pipelines\log\basket.-a5cc9bf8-dd9d-4405-bdc9-18d2181a9856-.pipelog

I thought the problem could be because of missing rights to the folder but I treid differet settings and it never worked.

How can I solve this so that i get the Log File from the piple. After that I hope to see the problem why the pipeline failes in this log File.

Thanks
    Tuesday, November 28, 2006 1:46 PM

Answers

• To me it seems like you've disabled logging. Have you checked the Pipeline section in the web.config to make sure you've logging enabled.
    Friday, December 01, 2006 12:54 AM

All replies

• Can you use Process Monitor to validate that no access denied events are occurring when the worker process identity tries to access the folder?  What permissions exist on the folder currently?

Cheers,
    Colin

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 2:48 PM
  • Somehow i tried another setting and now it works. I don't get any message anymore. The logfile should be written but I don't see it in the log Folder just in the IIS Manager View but i can't even open it. My problem now is, that the pipeline doens't calculate the cost of the current basket it always shows me 0.00.

How can I solve this error? I'ts really an important task then without any price for the order it's just impossible to run the shop.
    Tuesday, November 28, 2006 3:14 PM
  • To me it seems like you've disabled logging. Have you checked the Pipeline section in the web.config to make sure you've logging enabled.
    Friday, December 01, 2006 12:54 AM
  • I'm running into the same issue ...

1) Process Explorer shows W3WP (worker process) as having the file locked.

2) StarterSite/web.config logging entries all set to true

3) temporrary permissions on the /Log folder has everyone with full control.

Both an IISRESET and re-cycling the application pool (CS2007) will resolve the problem but this isn't really a satisfactory solution.

Full error:

Unable to initialize logging to file : E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\StarterSite 5006\StarterSite\pipelines\log\basket.-963723f2-f838-47ab-b90a-6e0106732911-.pipelog

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Unable to initialize logging to file : E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\StarterSite 5006\StarterSite\pipelines\log\basket.-963723f2-f838-47ab-b90a-6e0106732911-.pipelog

Source Error:

Line 487:            }
    Line 488:
    Line 489:            this.CheckoutData.BasketHelper.RunBasketPipeline();
    Line 490:            if (runTotalPipeline)
    Line 491:            {

Source File: e:\Inetpub\wwwroot\StarterSite 5006\StarterSite\Checkout\Default.aspx.cs    Line: 489

Stack Trace:

[FileLoadException: Unable to initialize logging to file : E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\StarterSite 5006\StarterSite\pipelines\log\basket.-963723f2-f838-47ab-b90a-6e0106732911-.pipelog]
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +2668969
       System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) +717
       Microsoft.CommerceServer.Internal.Orders.MtsHelper.RunPipes(String strPCF, String strPipelineProgId, IDictionary dictOrderForm, IDictionary pipeContext, String logfile) +0
       Microsoft.CommerceServer.Runtime.Orders.OrderGroup.RunPipeline(PipelineInfo pipelineInfo, PipelineBase pipeline, ITransaction trans) +579
       Microsoft.CommerceServer.Runtime.Orders.OrderGroup.RunPipeline(PipelineInfo pipelineInfo, ITransaction trans) +144
       Microsoft.CommerceServer.Runtime.Orders.OrderGroup.RunPipeline(PipelineInfo pipelineInfo) +6
       CommerceComponents.Helpers.BasketHelper.RunPipeline(String pipelineName, OrderPipelineType type) +363
       CommerceComponents.Helpers.BasketHelper.RunBasketPipeline(String pipelineName) +38
       CommerceComponents.Helpers.BasketHelper.RunBasketPipeline() +7
       Checkout_Default.SaveBasketChanges() in e:\Inetpub\wwwroot\StarterSite 5006\StarterSite\Checkout\Default.aspx.cs:489
       Checkout_Default.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) in e:\Inetpub\wwwroot\StarterSite 5006\StarterSite\Checkout\Default.aspx.cs:87
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +86
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2041

Which is then followed by this SASP.Net error ...

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
    Event Category: Web Event
    Event ID: 1309
    Date:  18/08/2008
    Time:  5:17:00 p.m.
    User:  N/A
    Computer: CHRISSPC02
    Description:
    Event code: 3005
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
    Event time: 18/08/2008 5:17:00 p.m.
    Event time (UTC): 18/08/2008 5:17:00 a.m.
    Event ID: dac8992933784a619030536656e1b710
    Event sequence: 17
    Event occurrence: 1
    Event detail code: 0

Application information:
        Application domain: /LM/w3svc/429893002/Root/StarterSite-1-128635101895193076
        Trust level: Full
        Application Virtual Path: /StarterSite
        Application Path: E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\StarterSite 5006\StarterSite\
        Machine name: CHRISSPC02

Process information:
        Process ID: 7392
        Process name: w3wp.exe
        Account name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Exception information:
        Exception type: FileLoadException
        Exception message: Unable to initialize logging to file : E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\StarterSite 5006\StarterSite\pipelines\log\basket.-963723f2-f838-47ab-b90a-6e0106732911-.pipelog

Request information:
        Request URL: https://localhost:5007/StarterSite/Checkout/default.aspx
        Request path: /StarterSite/Checkout/default.aspx
        User host address: 127.0.0.1
        User: [belgarions email address]

Is authenticated: True
        Authentication Type: Forms
        Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Thread information:
        Thread ID: 10
        Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
        Is impersonating: False
        Stack trace:    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Microsoft.CommerceServer.Internal.Orders.MtsHelper.RunPipes(String strPCF, String strPipelineProgId, IDictionary dictOrderForm, IDictionary pipeContext, String logfile)
       at Microsoft.CommerceServer.Runtime.Orders.OrderGroup.RunPipeline(PipelineInfo pipelineInfo, PipelineBase pipeline, ITransaction trans)
       at Microsoft.CommerceServer.Runtime.Orders.OrderGroup.RunPipeline(PipelineInfo pipelineInfo, ITransaction trans)
       at Microsoft.CommerceServer.Runtime.Orders.OrderGroup.RunPipeline(PipelineInfo pipelineInfo)
       at CommerceComponents.Helpers.BasketHelper.RunPipeline(String pipelineName, OrderPipelineType type)
       at CommerceComponents.Helpers.BasketHelper.RunBasketPipeline(String pipelineName)
       at CommerceComponents.Helpers.BasketHelper.RunBasketPipeline()
       at Checkout_Default.SaveBasketChanges() in e:\Inetpub\wwwroot\StarterSite 5006\StarterSite\Checkout\Default.aspx.cs:line 489
       at Checkout_Default.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) in e:\Inetpub\wwwroot\StarterSite 5006\StarterSite\Checkout\Default.aspx.cs:line 87
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Custom event details:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Monday, August 18, 2008 5:10 AM
  • Please run GC.Collect() after Basket.Save().

I solved it with this.

Enjoy it.

Monday, September 27, 2010 2:56 AM