GRAPH32.OCX

Question

• Can the GRAPH32.OCX control be registered on Windows 7 Starter? I have seen some posts saying that it can be registered on the Windows 7. But Starter edition?

Regards

RM

Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:41 AM

Answers

• Hi RM,

I would reference to this possible solution. Since this forum mainly discuss how to upgrade VB6 project to Visual Studio, I would suggest go to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us or VB6 forum for support. 

>WIN7
    For graph32.ocx , there are 5 dependency files 
    - gsw32.exe
    - gswdll32.dll
    - olepro32.dll 
    - mfc40.dll
    - msvcrt40.dll
    for gsw32.exe and gswdll32.dll, you can copy both of it and place in %windir%\system32
    but for olepro32.dll , mfc40.dll , msvcrt40.dll , there already exit in %windir%\system32 with newer verion and were fixed permision for "trusted installer" , you must resolve for its permission before /* and backup all of it too or take restoreing point by WIN7 */. Then copy old version that come from <CD>\COMMON\TOOLS\VB\CONTROLS to place at here.
    by these. > regsvr32 /u c:\windows\system32\graph32.ocx will no problem for system registration.
    Since of MSChart be an official replacement of graph32,It should be a better way ...

Best regards,

Shanks Zen
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, December 07, 2012 6:04 AM