none
Issue repairing BizTalk 2010 installation or installing CU-1

Question

• Guys,

I'm experiencing a wierd issue, I had BIzTalk 2010 working fine till today on Windows 7 VM.

I tried to install Cumulative Update-1 and it gives me an error"error 5003.regsvcs failed for assembly microsoft.biztalk.mqs.dll. Result code 214..."

After that, I tried to repair BizTalk installation and ran on same issue.

Any solution for this?

Thanks, Rik

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:52 PM

Answers

• Perform below mentioned steps:

1) Unistall BizTalk CU1 (If present)

2) Repair BizTalk 2010

3) Restore BizTalk 2010 Database (Prior to installing CU1 as CU1 is going to change the DB schema so you have to restore the DB)

From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2003907

Uninstall and rollback

A BizTalk hotfix may update .dll files, and it may execute SQL scripts. If the hotfix contains only .dll files, and if it does not include an SQL script (.sql), it can be rolled back by using the uninstall command in Add or Remove Programs.

If the hotfix contains an SQL script (.sql), it will execute the SQL script against a BizTalk database or databases. In this case, the hotfix cannot be rolled back by uninstalling. If you uninstall by using Add or Remove Programs, this will not roll back the database changes, and it may leave the BizTalk environment in an inconsistent state.

Monday, July 16, 2012 11:48 AM

All replies

• Hi 

Try to repair .net framework on the machine, Please refer this similar issue, This is for BizTalk 2006 on Winxp but seems the resolution can be applied in your case also.

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer
    alamnaushad.wordpress.com
    My new TechNet Wiki "BizTalk Server: Performance Tuning & Optimization"

Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:02 AM
  • I think we might get a chance some weird issue after CU1/2 installation so suggest try to install CU4 and noticed CU4 does have the Mqsagent.dll

Thanks, Raja MCTS BizTalk Server 2010, MCC If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:39 AM
  • Perform below mentioned steps:

1) Unistall BizTalk CU1 (If present)

2) Repair BizTalk 2010

3) Restore BizTalk 2010 Database (Prior to installing CU1 as CU1 is going to change the DB schema so you have to restore the DB)

From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2003907

Uninstall and rollback

A BizTalk hotfix may update .dll files, and it may execute SQL scripts. If the hotfix contains only .dll files, and if it does not include an SQL script (.sql), it can be rolled back by using the uninstall command in Add or Remove Programs.

If the hotfix contains an SQL script (.sql), it will execute the SQL script against a BizTalk database or databases. In this case, the hotfix cannot be rolled back by uninstalling. If you uninstall by using Add or Remove Programs, this will not roll back the database changes, and it may leave the BizTalk environment in an inconsistent state.

Monday, July 16, 2012 11:48 AM