none
Issue With BizTalk Mapping

Question

• Hello,

I am having trouble with applying a BizTalk map. My solution consists of three projects

1. A project containing maps
    2. A project containing schemas
    3. A project containing the orchestrations

Project 1 references Project 2 and project 3 references project 2 & 1.

I have a map that is supposed to translate an XML message from myNS#A to myNS#B (these are just samples) using a custom XSLT file. I have created a simple orchestration to test this map it receives a message of type A and sends a message of type B.

However when I test the orchestration, I send a message of type A and receive an empty XML declaration. I checked everything in the map file, project references etc, and it all seems ok.

I noticed when I deployed a couple of warnings : Schema "NS.A, SchemaAssembly, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxx" and a previously deployed schema "" have the same target namespace "myNS". Target namespaces should be unique.

However this doesn't make any sense, as all of these schemas validate, I have removed all previous assemblies from the solution and yet the warning still occurs.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Friday, August 01, 2008 9:22 PM

Answers

• Hello

Apparently you are using another schema with the same namespace, you can use BizTalk administration console to check <All Artifacts> schemas then search for your Target Schema, but anyhow I think changing the schema name and compile (schema, then map, then orchestration) then deploy your project artifacts.

-Firas

Tuesday, August 05, 2008 3:18 PM

All replies

• First, did you test map in the solution, without creating orchestration? Was the output correct? How to test:

In solution explorer right click on the map file, select map input (have it generated prior by right-click menu on the schema file) then select Test Map from the same context menu. Url of the result will be given in the output window.

Second, make sure your root node names are unique (by default, IDE creates them as 'Root' for new schema file) since you're using one namespace for all messages.

Saturday, August 02, 2008 7:29 AM
    Answerer
  •  

It could also mean that there's already a schema from a different project with that same target namespace already deployed.

Thiago Almeida

http://connectedthoughts.wordpress.com

Sunday, August 03, 2008 10:15 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello

Apparently you are using another schema with the same namespace, you can use BizTalk administration console to check <All Artifacts> schemas then search for your Target Schema, but anyhow I think changing the schema name and compile (schema, then map, then orchestration) then deploy your project artifacts.

-Firas

Tuesday, August 05, 2008 3:18 PM