Fix for "BadImageFormatException was unhandled" on x64 platforms

Answers

• Thanks for that link Ravi.  That is correct.  In the future we should change the solutions so that they come out the box as 32bit only.

Another thing you can do is set your system so that it uses the 32bit CLR by-default.  You can do this by calling:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Ldr64.exe setwow

If you're doing this from a Vista box, make sure you run this from an Administrator command prompt.

Thanks,

Thursday, March 22, 2007 3:27 PM

All replies

• Thanks for that link Ravi.  That is correct.  In the future we should change the solutions so that they come out the box as 32bit only.

Another thing you can do is set your system so that it uses the 32bit CLR by-default.  You can do this by calling:

If you're doing this from a Vista box, make sure you run this from an Administrator command prompt.

Thanks,

Thursday, March 22, 2007 3:27 PM

Thanks,

Using your idea, I made some .bat files that you can use to easily switch back and fourth from 32bit to 64bit. Just make sure you run them as admin.

Tuesday, March 02, 2010 6:34 PM
  • This link no longer works.  Can you please explain to me exactly how to make this fix so I can make Backpack work on my Vista64 laptop?
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:42 AM
  • Try again.  I just checked the link and it seems to work.
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 3:19 AM
  • Hi KangSu,

I tried to use the link but I'm receiving the following error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /backpackfix64/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

KillerTiger
    Thursday, September 09, 2010 12:27 PM
  • Using the call you guys say to use just creates a new error stating that the code returned -1 or something to that effect.

Anybody have any idea whats going on?

Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:41 AM