none
Terminate suspended messages via Biztalk Admin Console

Question

• Hi Guys

Do terminating unwanted suspended messages using Biztalk Admin COnsole also resolves the problem like

Job Name Monitor BizTalk
    Server (BizTalkMgmtDb) Step Name Generate error string in case of any issue
    Duration 00:00:00 Sql Severity 11 Sql Message ID 50000 Operator Emailed
    Operator Net sent Operator Paged Retries Attempted 0 Message Executed as user:
     12 Messages with refcount less than 0 in
    BizTalkMsgBoxDb [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 50000). The step failed

i.e Message with refcount less than 0..

Because this job fails once in every month with above error message. Kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance

REgards

Sreedevi

Monday, March 18, 2013 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Sreedevi,

This job identifies database integrity issues, This job does couple of things:

1. Collects error data from the BizTalk databasesdatabases.
    2. The second step checks the collected data and raises an error if there is an issue in of the databases.

Then you must configure monitoring tool like SCOM/SQL job's notification to alert.

First  apply this fix (check whether its already applied): KB 2452550. Your issue "Message with refcount less than 0" can be resolved by running the BizTalk Terminator tool:

Refer this post for your issue: Message with refcount less than 0.  The steps to be followed to resolve your issue:

• Before running Terminator, always make sure you have a BizTalk Backup of your databases, all the BTS hosts have been stopped, BTS SQL Agent jobs have been disabled
    • Open “Terminator” , specify server name and database information
    • Check all checkboxes in order to confirm that you did backup and stop all instances and SQL jobs
    • Find task “Repair Refcounts for All Messages” and execute it (no parameters is required)
    • After performing above steps I did run SQL job “Monitor BizTalk Server” and  confirmed that problem was resolved. Your issue is mentioned and resolved here :

Reference:

Message with refcount less than 0

Using BizTalk Terminator to resolve issues identified by BizTalk MsgBoxViewer and the BizTalk 2010 Monitor BizTalk Server Job

Regards,

M.R.ASHWINPRABHU

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Monday, March 18, 2013 12:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Sreedevi,

This job identifies database integrity issues, This job does couple of things:

1. Collects error data from the BizTalk databasesdatabases.
    2. The second step checks the collected data and raises an error if there is an issue in of the databases.

Then you must configure monitoring tool like SCOM/SQL job's notification to alert.

First  apply this fix (check whether its already applied): KB 2452550. Your issue "Message with refcount less than 0" can be resolved by running the BizTalk Terminator tool:

Refer this post for your issue: Message with refcount less than 0.  The steps to be followed to resolve your issue:

• Before running Terminator, always make sure you have a BizTalk Backup of your databases, all the BTS hosts have been stopped, BTS SQL Agent jobs have been disabled
    • Open “Terminator” , specify server name and database information
    • Check all checkboxes in order to confirm that you did backup and stop all instances and SQL jobs
    • Find task “Repair Refcounts for All Messages” and execute it (no parameters is required)
    • After performing above steps I did run SQL job “Monitor BizTalk Server” and  confirmed that problem was resolved. Your issue is mentioned and resolved here :

Reference:

Message with refcount less than 0

Using BizTalk Terminator to resolve issues identified by BizTalk MsgBoxViewer and the BizTalk 2010 Monitor BizTalk Server Job

Regards,

M.R.ASHWINPRABHU

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Monday, March 18, 2013 12:50 PM
  • Hi Ashwin

Thanks much for the response.

In your response u mentioned

First  apply this fix (check whether its already applied): KB 2452550. On seeing the details of this fix i see it  as

"Monitor BizTalk Server" SQL Server Agent job might not work after you add seven or more BizTalk hosts to a BizTalk group in BizTalk Server 2010"

But i have only 2hosts configured one for 32bit & one for 64bit. Do i still need to apply this fix. Kindly suggest.

Regards

Sreedevi

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:19 AM