none
How to sum a matrix in a .rdlc report

Question

• Hello

I created a .rdlc report with a Matrix, Now I want to add a new column that will consist the sum of all the columns (the columns data is financial values).

I can't find the way to add this column to the matrix and to fill it with the correct data.

here is a scheme of the matrix (I want to add the summing column in the right):

Units Totals Costs           =Fields!Unit_Name.Value

=Calculated_Date.Value   =Total_Unit.Value

Thursday, October 19, 2006 8:55 AM

Answers

• First, I recommend to change the expression in the matrix cell to use an aggregate function: =Sum(Fields!Total_Unit.Value)

Then, right click on the column header (Fields!Unit_Name.Value), and select "Add Subtotal" from the context menu.

-- Robert

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 4:47 AM

All replies

• First, I recommend to change the expression in the matrix cell to use an aggregate function: =Sum(Fields!Total_Unit.Value)

Then, right click on the column header (Fields!Unit_Name.Value), and select "Add Subtotal" from the context menu.

-- Robert

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 4:47 AM
  •  Yairt wrote:

Hello

I created a .rdlc report with a Matrix, Now I want to add a new column that will consist the sum of all the columns (the columns data is financial values).

I can't find the way to add this column to the matrix and to fill it with the correct data.

here is a scheme of the matrix (I want to add the summing column in the right):

Units Totals Costs           =Fields!Unit_Name.Value

=Calculated_Date.Value   =Total_Unit.Value

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:23 PM
  • right click on the colum where you want to add sum and click on subtotal. It will automatically display the sum value.
    But to do sub total it should be in group

regards,
    Jeevan
    Reddy
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 9:01 AM