I see special charecters in the bodystring of service, why is that?

Question

• Hi all,

I see special charecters in the bodystring of service, why is that?

I am doing a performance testing for an web application which is using RIA (Rich Internet application ) service related Entity framework (.Net 4.0) .

After recording and generated code is done i observe BodyString of service has some special charecters Ex: (

ModifiedOn�c8��*Έ`Title�count^

) I am unable to understand why it is that?

Note: Need reply ASAP as am struck up at scripting part.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• it is binary data.  Try using this plugin out on codeplex: http://teamtestplugins.codeplex.com/

i believe this is the most recent: http://teamtestplugins.codeplex.com/releases/view/43166

Tim

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:37 AM
  • Hello NikhilSonata,

I think Tim's suggestion could helps.

You can create a custom content editor that lets you edit the string body content or the binary body content of a Web service request.

For more detailed information, see How to: Create a Custom HTTP Body Editor for the Web Performance Test Editor. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 9:19 AM
  • Hi Tim,

Thank for the link to the info.  I downloaded and looked into the zip file and I am not sure what to do with it, since there is no instruction. 

Do I have just run the Setup file?  Is there anything like setup/configure or else I have to do to have this plugin work with VS2010?   

Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:00 PM
  • I think you need to run the install, then from you test project in solution explorer, right click the references node, point to the dll that was installed on your machine.  Now you will be able to right click on any given request and select add request plugin.

Problem is I am not sure where the dll gets installed.  it is not where the setup screen said it was going.  I will poke around as time permits

Tim
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:49 PM
  • Tim,

I installed the plugin and it was applied to the new record webtest.  But I didn't work with the pre-recorded webtest.  Please direct me if I missed something.  Here what I did.

1) Installed the plugin (reboot the box)

2) open a (pre-recorded) webtest and add "Webtest.WebServicePlugin.Runtime.dll" to the Referrence

Friday, August 19, 2011 1:39 PM
  • Hi,

If you want your web tests plug-in used in per-recorded webtest. See How to: Create a Web Performance Test Plug-In. In addition, in this link http://teamtestplugins.codeplex.com/ provided by Tim, there is a Documentation, you could download and see it. Maybe it helps.

Thanks,

Lynn

If it was useful for you, mark it. Appreciate you.

Monday, August 22, 2011 3:02 AM