none
VS2012 SQL Server 2012 CustomReportItem unable to choose from dll

Question

• I have a custom report item which works fine with VS2010 and MSSQL2012.

But, when i created new report project (Business Intelligence Wizard), im unable to add my custom report item to toolbox.

I, as usually, selected Choose Items, selected my dll, and in the grid i dont see my report item. My attributes for CustomReportItem are:

[CustomReportItem("MyName"),
         DefaultProperty("CodeText"),
         LocalizedName("MyCompany MyName"),
         Editor(typeof (CustomEditor), typeof (ComponentEditor)),
         Description("MyName description")]
        [ToolboxBitmap(typeof (MyName ReportItemDesigner), "MyName Designer.bmp")]
        [System.CLSCompliant(false)]
        public class MyNameReportItemDesigner : CustomReportItemDesigner, IReportPropertyProvide

I just replaced some text with NAME wording.

So why my report item is absent ? Maybe need another attributes in VS2012?

----

Need to say this custom report item already works for SQL2000 / SQL2005 / SQL2008 / SQL2008R2 / SQL2012 (VS2010).

So its a multiversion project (for sure i use some #if statements when required).

And this custom report item works fine in VS2010 and MSSQL2012 Reporting Services.

But only in VS2012 i'm unable to add report item to toolbox from my dll (any other VSs versions allow).

Moreover i even can open VS2010 test report project in VS2012, and able to see my report item (inside report) and even it works fine.

But unable to add my item to toolbox.

So its seems like a problem with toolbox in VS2012.

Or (for VS2012) i need to set more / another attributes for my report designer class ?

Friday, September 27, 2013 9:54 AM

All replies

• BTW, i didnt find any sample for SQL2012 at MS's site. All samples are for the prior versions, but nothing for SQL2012. I have nowhere to look for samples.
    Friday, September 27, 2013 10:01 AM
  • So Microsoft still didnt fixed this bug, but already released 3 service packs for VS2012, right ?
    Tuesday, October 01, 2013 3:46 PM
  • Hi Alexander11111,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 8:28 AM
  • Sure Mike, i can wait and monitor this thread. Thanks.
    Wednesday, October 02, 2013 11:34 AM
  • Hello Alexander,

One of the primary requirement for adding the Custom Report Item designer assemblies in the VS tool box is to have them compiled in .NET framework 4.0.

But the Custom Report Item runtime should still be under .NET Framework 3.5.

If issue still persists, then this may require a more in-depth level of support for which this may fall into a paid support category. Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

If Microsoft determines that a problem is the result of a defect in a Microsoft product, you will not be charged for that incident.

Regards

Durai Murugan

Monday, October 07, 2013 6:37 PM
  • Thank you Durai.

At least i will try to build with 3.5 and see if be lucky.

Monday, October 07, 2013 7:23 PM