none
How does my app get a request for terms of service and privacy policy?

Question

• I'm being told my healthvault web app needs to respond to privacy statement and terms of service requests.  I have both of these defined in the ACC but I don't know how to display them.  My web app is using the PHP API and there is no documentation on how to do this.  I've been reading the Shell Redirect Interface and see that I probably will get requests via four paramenters - target, actionqs, targetDetails, and instanceID.  Well its easy to check these values in php like this:

$target = $_GET['target'];
    $actionqs = $_GET['actionqs'];
    $targetDetails = $_GET['targetDetails'];
    $instanceID = $_GET['instanceID'];

But how does my app get the request?  My understanding was that the links on the HealthVault login page were supposed to redirect back to my page with the request but that's not happening.  They take you to the standard Microsoft pages.  Am I supposed to put separate links on my web page?

Sunday, April 20, 2014 12:06 AM

All replies

• If you log in to your healthvault ppe here:

https://account.healthvault-ppe.com

Then click Apps and Devices, then click the Change access link below your application icon you will see Privacy and Terms & Conditions links on that screen.  If you click on them, it will bring up a new window and display the text stored in the ACC for those fields.  I don't know if that is the only place it does this as I couldn't find any documentation on it. 

My understanding was that there would be some link that would cause a redirect back to my app which would then respond to the "target" parameter = 'privacy' and 'serviceagreement'.  But so far I've not found any such links.

• Edited by bluebutton Monday, April 28, 2014 4:38 PM
    Monday, April 28, 2014 4:29 PM