Crystla report viewer missing context menu.

Question

•  

Hi,

I am using VS 2005 & have developed an application to display report.

But I am facing a problem, the context menu is missing from the viewer.

Using this context menu one can copy text/images present on the report when the report is displayed.

This menu is availaible in older version of Crystal report (version 10) don't know whys it is missing from this version.

Please help.

Its urgent.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:08 AM

Answers

• Hi PrashantKamble,

As far as I know, there is no any built-in context menu in Crystal report viewer of VS 2005, and I think you can add it by the following steps:

1.       Drag the context menu item from the Toolbox to the Crystal report viewer design form.

2.       Edit the context menu and add some event handler code.

3.       In the Properties Explorer for the Crystal Report Viewer, assign the context menu to the ContextMenuStrip property.

Regards,

Xun

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:20 AM

All replies

• Hi PrashantKamble,

As far as I know, there is no any built-in context menu in Crystal report viewer of VS 2005, and I think you can add it by the following steps:

1.       Drag the context menu item from the Toolbox to the Crystal report viewer design form.

2.       Edit the context menu and add some event handler code.

3.       In the Properties Explorer for the Crystal Report Viewer, assign the context menu to the ContextMenuStrip property.

Regards,

Xun

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:20 AM
  • Hi Xun,

Thanks for the solution.

I am already aware of the ContextMenu property.

The problem here is the old version of Crystal reports provides copy funtionality i.e, one can copy the text/ field/ image from a report being diaplyed via context menu copy.

I did tried to create context menu, write event handler code for it.

But the problem is how am I supposed to determine which object is selected on the report being displayed.

Once it is possible to determine which object is selected, either text/ image, on the click event of context menu I can copy it to Clipboard.

If possible please suggest the workaround.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Prashant Kamble

Thursday, February 28, 2008 6:28 AM