none
Is SQL Server Compact Dead ?

Question

• Hi have a new project that needs a small footprint,t not networked, database for storage and retrieval  during desktop program operation (no data needs to be stored after program is closed). This is multithreading program that retrieves web pages asynchronously puts retrieved data into a temp database and will need to display whatever it has at the moment (even if some requests are not processed yet) in a grid with SQL filtering.  Also the PCs that this will run on will be old and I do not want to install a database server on each one...

So the question is should I use SQL compact or is it currently used by those that already had it in a project ? and no new projects should look at it ?

Thanks

Will access from desktop C# winforms program,  using 3.5 maybe 4.x framework.

Monday, November 11, 2013 5:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• SQL Server Compact should be able to fullfill your requirements.

Please mark as answer, if this was it. Visit my SQL Server Compact blog http://erikej.blogspot.com

Monday, November 11, 2013 7:50 PM
  • Do you have any news about a roadmap for SQL Server Compact?

With the lack of native support in VS 2013 and Windows Phone for SQL Server Compact 4.0, I start to worry about the future of this product.

Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:08 AM