none
VS-2012 build notification tool is not able to connect to TFS 2008-SP1 server

Question

• Team foundation Server Tools-Build notification coming with VS 2012 IDE is not able to connect to TFS 2008(sp1) server.Below is the screen shot.

Friday, January 03, 2014 7:05 AM

Answers

• Hi Abishek, 

Thanks for your reply.

For this scenario, you need submit it to Microsoft Connect Feedback portal at: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio. Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 13, 2014 8:38 AM

All replies

• Hi AbishekChandra,

Thanks for your reply.

On the same machine, please open your VS 2012 and try connect to your bdv477-gbl004 and bdv477-tfs2012\DefaultCollection, ensure you can connect to these two TFS Servers from your VS 2012 Team Explorer.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, January 03, 2014 9:47 AM
  • I'm able to connect to both the TFS servers from Visual Studio 2012 with no issues, no idea why build notification alone is having a problem 
    Friday, January 03, 2014 12:00 PM
  • Hi AbishekChandra,

Thanks for your reply.

It seems that you Build Notification tool still cannot connect to your TFS 2012 collection, not only TFS 2008 Server.

Try the VS 2012 Build Notification tool on another machine, will receive the same result or can connect to TFS Server correctly?

If this issue only happened on your VS 2012, what’s the version of your VS 2012, Update 3?

Monday, January 06, 2014 2:26 AM
  • Hi AbishekChandra,

Have you confirmed that?

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 10:09 AM
  • Yes i confirm that my build notification tool is able to connect to TFS 2012,the problem is with Tfs 2008 only 
    Friday, January 10, 2014 11:23 AM
  • Hi AbishekChandra, 

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tried use TFS 2008 Power Tools Build Notification tool connect to your current TFS 2008 Server? Can connect to the TFS 2008 Server correctly?

Monday, January 13, 2014 2:00 AM
  • Hi George,

I'm able to connect to my TFS 2008 server using TFS 2008 Power Tools Build notification Tool as wells as using VS 2010 Build notification tool.the problem is only with VS 2012.

Since i've the required versions of VS IDE i've no problem but the developer says he requires only VS2012 IDE on his PC and wants to use build notification tool that comes with it and hence i'm looking for a fix for this.

Regards,

Abishek

Monday, January 13, 2014 3:30 AM
  • Hi Abishek, 

Thanks for your reply.

For this scenario, you need submit it to Microsoft Connect Feedback portal at: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio. Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.

Monday, January 13, 2014 8:38 AM