none
MySQLConnector/Net 6.3.5 - Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.3.4.0

Question

• Windows Server 2008R2 Std(x64), IIS 7.5  MySql Sever 5.1(x64) MySQLConnector/Net 6.3.5  WebSite Panel Version 1.1

Error while installing service on the remote server 

Technical Details 

Page URL: 
    Logged User: serveradmin 

Work on Behalf: serveradmin 

Hosting Space: 0 

Stack Trace: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.3.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. Не удается найти указанный файл. 

File name: 'MySql.Data, Version=6.3.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' 

at WebsitePanel.Providers.Database.MySqlServer.Install() 

at WebsitePanel.Server.ServiceProvider.Install() 

--- End of inner exception stack trace --- 

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) 

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) 

at WebsitePanel.Providers.ServiceProvider.Install() 

at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.esServers.InstallService(Int32 serviceId) 

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) 

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) 

at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.esServers.InstallService(Int32 serviceId) 

at WebsitePanel.Portal.ServersEditService.btnUpdate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) 

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:45 PM

Answers

• I just did the install today and here is the config changes that worked for me hope this helps someone else....

<runtime>
            <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                <dependentAssembly>
                    <assemblyIdentity name="MySql.Data" publicKeyToken="c5687fc88969c44d" />
                    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.3.7.0" newVersion="6.4.4.0" />
                </dependentAssembly>
            </assemblyBinding>
        </runtime>

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:34 PM

All replies

• Try MySQL .Net connector 6.2.4. You will need to remove existing version of .Net connector before installing 6.2.4.

- Kailash

Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:12 PM
  • I believe 6.2.4 was pulled from the archives because the installer didnt work. I found an old copy and it wouldnt install in win2008.  I ended up using the old 6.2.3.
    Friday, December 17, 2010 9:15 PM
  • Why not get the one its asking for?

"Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=6.3.4.0"

Uninstall all versions, and look for the installer for that version, and install that. Try and let us know. Btw, thats version 6.3.4.0 (download here)

British Columbia Usernet | Crooked Software, Unlimited http://www.bcu.cc | http://crooked.ii1.net
    • Proposed as answer by Matt Crook Monday, December 20, 2010 10:46 PM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 10:40 PM
  • Hi there,

I have came up with the robust solution to mitigate MySQL Connector .NET version updates effectively. So, we will be using a feature of .NET Framework’s CLR that is called “assembly redirection” which helps an application to “redirect” use of different versions of the same library without recompiling code base against a new version of the 3rd party library referenced.

Take a look at the following screenshot outlining the necessary changes (highlighted in yellow) that should be made in WSP Server’s Web.config file to enable the app to use the latest version of MySQL Connector .NET, which I believe is 6.3.6.0. Here is the screenshot’s shortcut: http://cid-f70fe8697920b002.photos.live.com/self.aspx/Pictures/MySql%20Connector%20-%20Binding%20Redirection.PNG.

Please let me know if you have any questions or difficulties with applying that change on your env.

This solution has been tested on WSP v1.1.0, however it should run fine on earlier WSP versions as well.

Happy hosting!

P.S. Appreciate your feedback on that post as always!

Please vote, if you find a post helpful! Appreciate.
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:44 AM
  • Aquick update on this. This turned out to be quite a struggle. I  uninstalled the connector version 6.2.4 and tried to install version 6.3.4.0 but the install failed  when I tried to install any different version I would get the error message indicating that  'a different version of this exists' and it wouldn't install. The failed install version 6.3.4.0 showed up in the control panel but would not install or change or repair no matter how I tried. I even manually deleted all of the files and registry entries - to no avail. Searching the MySQL forums I found this was a common problem on Windows installations. Finally I found where someone had posted a solution.

I downloaded the Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility (discontinued by Microsoft,but you can Google it to find a download). The file is msicuu2.exe which installs the utility. I installed and ran the utility selecting what I wanted to remove from a list presented and that fixed it. I was able to reinstall the version I needed (6.3.4.0) and get things working.
    **disclaimer - this worked for me in this case, I'd recommend that you run a full system backup before trying this as it is not officially supported by anyone.

Thanks.

Sunday, February 20, 2011 6:10 AM
  • I finally got my problem sorted out with uninstalling a failed install of verrsion 6..3.4.0 and am using that for now. I will look in to implementing your change though - seems to toughen the system up a bit. Thanks.

Sunday, February 20, 2011 6:11 AM
  • @Pavel - where is the "Web.config" file located that you are showing in the screen shot?
    Tuesday, March 08, 2011 7:08 PM
  • c:\WebsitePanel\Server\web.config
    Wednesday, March 09, 2011 9:26 PM
  • c:\WebsitePanel\Server\web.config
    Correct.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 6:29 PM
  • Has anyone succeeded configuring assembly redirection as suggested?

Looking forward to your feedback!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 6:31 PM
  • Has anyone succeeded configuring assembly redirection as suggested?

Looking forward to your feedback!

Yes, my MySQL server is now managed through websitepanel.

Thanks for this posting.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:17 AM
  • Thanks Matt

I reversed from 6.3.5 to 6.3.4 - working :)

Lea

Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:16 AM
  • Pavel, seems like the above solution does not work for me. the database server is running server 2003 r2 x64 edition.

maybe it work for iis 7+ only?

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:51 PM
  • so where do we get this very old version of the driver, it is not available on the mysql site ?

Russ Michaels
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:14 AM
  • Hi Pavel -- I'm installing WebsitePanel 1.2.0 and had to use the trick you described to make it work.  The current MySql connector version is 6.4.4.0, so I had to update in the <bindingRedirect>.  It was also hard to type in the text from the screen shot, so I'll try to paste it below.

In any case, thanks for your response and I hope that this becomes part of the standard website panel configuration.

<runtime>
        <dependentAssembly>
          <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.3.5.0" newVersion="6.4.4.0" />
        </dependentAssembly>
      </assemblyBinding>
    </runtime>

--- Uwe
    Sunday, October 09, 2011 5:24 AM
  • the other problem is that when u the the app installer, some apps require and do an update to the .net driver, and thus WSP's connection to the database server breaks again
    Russ Michaels
    Sunday, October 09, 2011 10:28 AM
  • I just did the install today and here is the config changes that worked for me hope this helps someone else....

<runtime>
                <dependentAssembly>
                    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.3.7.0" newVersion="6.4.4.0" />
                </dependentAssembly>
            </assemblyBinding>
        </runtime>

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:34 PM
  • so is this to allow WSP to use the latest driver instead of that ancient hard to find one we are currently using ?

and I presume this change is made on the remote servers so one affect any servers still using the old connector.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:05 PM
  • Hey there, you are right - this change should happen on WebsitePanel (remote) server(s) that control MySQL.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:25 PM
  • but does this allow the LATEST version to be used.

I.e. can I set the newversion parameter to any version number.

Russ Michaels

Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:23 PM
  • Hi Pavel

The key point you mentioned is "

This solution has been tested on WSP v1.1.0"
    I have version 1.2.1, so I just tried the solution to test it  but it doesnt work on that particular version?? 

Please provide some feedback.

Regards

Rudy

Friday, July 06, 2012 12:54 PM
  • this whole situation with the mysql connector version is ridiculous, Every time I install a remote I have to come and search the forums to remind myself which connector i need  and where to download it from a sthe info on the mysql service setup page is wrong.

The sql service info needs to be updated or this needs to be in the docs, or we should simply be able to use the latest driver rather than hunting for old ones.

Snake

Friday, July 06, 2012 2:10 PM
  • Hello,

Yes.. the connector situation should be updated but no it's not that difficult :-)

if you obtain an error it shows what version it's seeking IN the error

I believe it's 6.3.7.0 at this point..

all versions can be easily downloadable from the mirror of mysql:

ftp://ftp.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.mysql.com/Downloads/Connector-Net/

Regards,

Marco

Key4ce - IT professionals: www.key4ce.eu

Friday, July 06, 2012 7:16 PM
  • I have had plenty of errors caused by this that do not mention the driver at all.

also if you go to mysql.com and driver downloads, this version is not in the list,  you do have to hunt for the ftp link to find that version.

As usual you are missing the point, everything is easy when you know the problem and know how to to solve it, new users coming to WSP are going to waste a lot of time ripping their hair out trying to get mysql working.

Snake

Saturday, July 07, 2012 8:52 AM
  • First of all, i would be careful throwing around insults like that.

Second of all how exactly do you think this should be handled then?

WSP pushing out an update everytime a new ado.net driver comes out? (as updates on ado.net drivers are quite frequent AND the ones listed on mysql are only listed for a few months before you can't find them anymore).

not to mention the implications for all existing WSP users who keep having to update the latest ado.net driver on every update (and if they forget --> then all their existing customers will complain).

one thing WSP can do is put this more clear in the doc's.. but latest version in the code is nearly impossible to keep up not to mention will bother all existing people who already got it configured.

Saturday, July 07, 2012 9:04 AM
  • I do not see any insults anywhere Marco... If you read posts properly before hitting reply, most of your confusion and misinterpretation issues would be avoided I think.

As I already suggested, updating the docs and putting more clear info on the mysql service page with correct link would be a good start at the very least.

Snake

Saturday, July 07, 2012 10:59 AM
  • "As usual you are missing the point" <-- i would consider that somewhat insulting yes.

I read them properly and improperly; i reply not because i have to but because i want to help -as far as i can-.

You have to remember when people misunderstand it can simply be a language barrier, or it can be "hasty" reply, or simply different way of thinking.

Miscommunication is a common thing in any community (it's actually the main cause why most people quarrel).

In my case it's simple: english is not my main language, i do reply alot which means when things look alike you will get a similar reply (goes automatically with posting alot). In all it's just a forum, little bit of information on a very enhanced and advanced project can instantly cause the wrong answers. (unless you expect me to look things up double check etc before posting.. but to be honist 99% doesn't require that and if i did that.. every post would be a 1+ hour job to verify and check).

documentation helps so that is a nice improvement (please note that you can make and send in your "new" documentation with improvements, changes etc to websitepanel's email they will review it, and make adjustments where needed to the site.. so that would be a good solution i think?)

Saturday, July 07, 2012 11:53 AM