none
corrupt error: 0x8007007e

Question

• Hi,

I am upgrading my app on WM 5.0 from eVC to Visual Studio 2005, after everything compiled and started deploying, it came with an error messeage:

Unable to start Program....
    An error occured usually indicates a corrupt installation (code 0x8007007e).

And deployment stopped....Could anybody give me some hint about why this happens and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!
    Wednesday, July 05, 2006 2:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you dynamically linking to some libraries? In case you are see that all the libraries like mfc atl etc. are also deployed to the device.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 4:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you dynamically linking to some libraries? In case you are see that all the libraries like mfc atl etc. are also deployed to the device.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 4:19 PM
  • Yes, I tracked down the missing .dll file, and copied it to my device then it worked. Thank you for your information!
    Wednesday, July 05, 2006 9:03 PM
  • You are welcome! Happy coding.

Thanks

Thursday, July 06, 2006 9:52 AM
  • Good morning,

I saw your responce to the other user and have a similar question.  I am hoping you can help me too.  Upon booting and arriving to the desktop, I continue to receive the folowing error message:  ALMon:  error loading external resources (0x8007007e)

It is driving me crazy trying to find a solution and a fix.  Can you help?

Many thanks!

Matthew

Monday, September 25, 2006 3:01 PM
  • Good morning,

I saw your responce to the other user and have a similar question.  I am hoping you can help me too.  Upon booting and arriving to the desktop, I continue to receive the folowing error message:  ALMon:  error loading external resources (0x8007007e)

It is driving me crazy trying to find a solution and a fix.  Can you help?

Many thanks!

Matthew

Monday, September 25, 2006 3:03 PM
  • which dll files exactly are those?
    Thursday, December 21, 2006 5:01 PM
  • Hi kunallen

I am facing the same problem.

can u please tell me how did u track the missing .dll file

and where did u copy in ur device...

I am a beginner so please tell me in a bit more detail...

Thanx in advance

Friday, June 22, 2007 1:51 PM
  • Thanks for your response however I am a beginner and don't know what to do to fix this error.  Could you please explain how to fix this problem?

Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:29 PM
  • This problem occurs because the field "Additional Files" in "Configuration Properties/Deployment" of project is empty. Create a new program for WM5.0 with Visual Studio 2005 and compare the fields "Additional Files" of new and old project.

Friday, November 23, 2007 10:37 AM
  • I've created a new project for smart device but there are NO additional files in the section. I want to use QT on my mobile application...

Need help. Searched through every possible forum :) Here is the list of actions I did to land in the current position:

1. downloaded qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.0.zip
    2. followed the instuctions from: 
    http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/install-wince.html especially:
    3. set PATH enviromental variable
    4. start Visual Studio Command Prompt 
    5. configure -platform win32-msvc2008 -xplatform wincewm50pocket-msvc2008
    7. nmake (compilation took a few hours)
    8. installation ActiveSync4.5
    9. installation Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK
    10. import of the sample project
    C:\Qt\qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.0\examples\tutorials\ 

I've receive this error: 0x80070070 (probably corrupt installation). I've reinstalled Visual Studio with the same effect... New Smart Device Project works fine, only when I start projekt from QT tutorial I've get this error.

I've tried to set path to file manually (screen 1): http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sgHWyChoMa8/S0UHnfX9PKI/AAAAAAAAMbs/yC50L5QRfM0/s1600-h/path-actual.PNG
    (screen 2): http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sgHWyChoMa8/S0UPhqxtHAI/AAAAAAAAMb0/QzJglUY6DXw/s1600-h/path-literal.PNG

I've also tried setting (this time without screen): Properties | Configuration properties | C/C++ | Code Generation | Runtime library | Multi-threaded (/MT) | someone suggested that and as I said I tried every possible solution... Any help will be appreciated, especially working one with brief description what to set :)
    Friday, January 08, 2010 4:32 PM