none
InstallShield LE cannot Detect Office 2007

Question

• Hi,

I am using VS 2012 with the built in InstallShield LE. I have finished writing the C# code for basically opening and changing data of excel like a model, targeting any CPU, XP OS and up, and Office 2003 and up.

The problem is that after I built the EXE with VS 2012 and after I've put it into the Installsheld LE, using ".NET 4.5 (if not detected, install from the local setup file) & office 2003" perquisite for vista OS and up, also using ".NET 4.0 Client (if not detected, install from the local setup file) & office 2003" perquisite for XP OS, Cause XP OS cannot install .NET 4.5 from what I know.

I realized I have a problem when opening the single image setup in a 64 bit win 7 OS with office 2007. The installer says that it cannot detect office 2003 or even later version. I am quite struggling with this.

Is is that I supposed to add the windows installer as well as VSTO 2010 Runtime, as a prerequisite for the setup. Or did I do something wrong. Or.... The InstallShield not supporting 64 bit installation as lot of others saying, yet, I really firmed that I have chosen any bit of CPU.....

Thank you Guys, really hope you could help me out, cause I am really a green programmer still.

Good Day,

Wilson
    Monday, March 25, 2013 4:13 AM

Answers

• usually you have to provide 2 separate installers - one for 32 bit machines and second for 64 bit ones. Most probably your installer looks in wrong Places in registry. Anyway, this is a question for Installshield forum, not this one.
    Monday, March 25, 2013 8:16 AM

All replies

• usually you have to provide 2 separate installers - one for 32 bit machines and second for 64 bit ones. Most probably your installer looks in wrong Places in registry. Anyway, this is a question for Installshield forum, not this one.
    Monday, March 25, 2013 8:16 AM

I ll forward this message to the installshield Forum. But, I am just asking in my case, since I ve heard that XP cannot use .NET 4.5, does that means I ll have 4 installers. Each with .Net 4.5 and .Net 4 Client and each with different 32 bit or 64 bit systems?!

But yea, thanks my friend~

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:42 AM
  • no, 2 installers are fine but you will have to make conditional logic inside prerequisites detection to either require .net 4 on win xp or .net 4.5 on other machines. Of course if you want your program to run on winxp you should not depend on .net 4.5 in first place
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:40 AM