none
Bing Map Geolocation mapping with Screen Coordinates

Question

• Hello friends,

I would like to check if this is possible with Bing Maps.

Can I manipulate BingMap controls underlying the X,Y coordinates on Screen?

For example, the Latitude & Longitude of a location could be (334.234354,464.33434343)  but might translate to some (X:300,Y:500 ) on the "Canvas" its positioned on. If the User pans the BingMap, this mapped values would get re-assigned based on the offset moved by the user. For example a city shown on 300,500 could have been moved to 320,500 because of this pan gesture by the user.

Is it possible to get this current (X,Y) canvas value for each Lat&Long displayed on Bing Map control. 

For example, is there an API like,  Point Pt = GetScreenCoordiniatesForLoc(Latitude,Longitude); 

Now I can animate a spiraling wave on top of this pt(x,y).   Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks!

StackDev

Friday, September 20, 2013 5:55 PM

Answers

• Yes. I'm not sure which Bing Maps control you are using (JavaScript, Win8, WPF, Silverlight) but all of them have methods that are called something like LocationToPixel or TryLocationToPicel which can provide you with the pixel coordinates of any location on the map. Simply pass the coordinates of your pushpins through that method.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Friday, September 20, 2013 10:17 PM
    Owner