Windows Vista will not SHUT DOWN

Question

• My big issue is after using my laptop for a while, i begin to notice that, when i close my laptop without shutting it down, it will not shut down properly afterwards. When i open it back, it will power back on and everything will work just fine, the problem comes when i try to shut it down then. It will say shutting down and will stay there for hours/days if i let it. I have Dell inspiron 1420, with Vista Ultimate. The indication i have when i know it will not shut down is that the HDD will stop flashing(responding i guess). I have contacted dell too many times and still no help. Any help, suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Friday, January 11, 2008 2:39 PM

Answers

• My problem has been solved with the new SP1, if your have the same problem, download and install SP1 for Vista

Friday, January 18, 2008 2:14 AM

All replies

• My problem has been solved with the new SP1, if your have the same problem, download and install SP1 for Vista

Friday, January 18, 2008 2:14 AM
  •  

Hello Sir..

The same problem started with my DELL INSPIRON 640M After installing SP1.. previously it was working Fine.

Now, just finding the solution.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:23 PM
  • Hi

Important Notice: this solution only apply if you a Dell Wireless card 1390, 1490 or 1505 in your system

Saiks you can try by disable this startup item "Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Tray Agent" you will find this service in the startup tab when you open MSCONFIG disable and then reboot your computer and will not longer show the problems with the shutdown process

If your issue has not been resolved you must try in safe mode option you access by pressing F8 many times during the boot process before the dell logo

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 4:55 PM
  •  

HI, refer to the following weblink to resolve this issue.

http://notebooktechnician.googlepages.com/notebookisnotshuttingdown--vistaoperatin

Friday, May 16, 2008 7:32 AM