none
Grandfather-Father-Son Backup Scenario

Question

• Hello,

I'd like to use Azure Recovery Services to Backup my Data to the cloud. I was able to schedule a daily backup, but I'd like to schedule more complex scenarios such as grandfather-father-son:

- daily backup for the last 7 days

- weekly backup for the last 4 weeks

- monthly backup for the last 12 months

- yearly backup

Is this possible using Windows Azure Backup and Azure Recovery Services? If not, how can I fullfill the requirements as stated above?

Thank's!

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 11:51 AM

All replies

• HI

I suggest you post this question to Widnows Azure -CTP,Betas&Labs ---Windows Azure backup forum.

You may get better support there.

Thanks.

Please mark post as answered if it helped!

Thursday, August 08, 2013 4:40 AM
  • Hi,

Windows Azure Online Backup does not have that feature, however will pass it on to the Product group for future consideration.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 08, 2013 5:42 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

That would be great. Is there another Product which is able to fullfill my requirements?

Friday, August 09, 2013 8:34 AM
  • Hi,

System Center Data Protection Manager 2012 Sp1 supports the following:

Short term
    =======
    Disk to Disk backup.
    Disk to Disk to Cloud (Azure) backup.  (This is similar to the Windows Azure online backup you are using, but VIA DPM)
    Disk to Tape backup.

Long Term
    =======
    Disk to Disk to Tape Backup.
    Disk to Tape Backup.

Both long term backup goals using tape support the Grand Father, Father, Son scenario.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 09, 2013 2:59 PM