Why My PC CPU Use Goes to 100% always ??

Question

• I Got A New Problem Now As i Was Watching A Movie Of VLC Players My CPU Use Goes To 100 % lol as i end The Process Of Many application and Back Ground Too which i don't use it , but still i do-sent goes down many a time it was on 100% CPU use but when i restart the Explore.exec its CPU Use gone Normal But after Some Time Still same thing many a times this please tell me what to Do ?? help me please to this critical condition !! What Should i do now ? My System Req - Os- Windows Developer Preview 32 Bit Ram - 2GB Graphics Card - NVIDIA Ge-force 512 MB Processor- Intel Core i3 CPU 2.27 GHZ Please Help Me Out Of This !!

When I Play Games Also That Time Too Gone to 100% i am gone mad now i remove malware also but still same things !!

Help me Please

Friday, December 02, 2011 10:29 AM

Answers

• Hey SamPrincess,

In addition to the information given by D r h above, you may need to install the most recent drivers for your computer's chipset as well as any other drivers that are available from your computer manufacturer's website.

If a driver isn't able to install successfully, try using the compatibility troubleshooter to see if it can help the driver to install properly. The compatibility troubleshooter can be opened by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver. You will likely want to choose the choice for This program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now when it is given if the latest driver is only applicable to a different version of Windows.

If installing the latest drivers doesn't resolve this problem, try checking to see if a more recent version of your motherboard's BIOS is available from your computer manufacturer's website. Instructions for how to update your motherboard's BIOS should be available in your user manual or on your computer/motherboard provider's website.

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) or Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS/UEFI settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Sunday, December 04, 2011 1:27 AM

All replies

• Mainly My CPU Gone to Windows Task Manager 30% Then Windows Command Process 15 % or sometime more N then Windows Audio Device 30 - 50 % many time i got mad  many a Time Console Windows Host use 10 - 15 % of it :)) Please Help me Out Of This :)) i did many thing to make it normal 
    Friday, December 02, 2011 11:03 AM
  • Many people would give their eye teeth to obtain 100% CPU utilisation. Sometimes I wish I could get a bit more out of my quad core 3.4 Ghz processor than I do. Going to 100% CPU is not critical but does indicate that you may not have enough power for what you do. The same can be said for the graphics card where the 512 Mb dedicated memory is OK but you do not quote which card you are using. Having said all that IMO you should not be using 100% to play a movie.

You have given representative figures for what you consider to be high CPU usage but what do you consider to be normal and when was it last normal. Before or after installing S8. When doing nothing the CPU should be around 0-1% but will spike if a program or utility is launched.

So is your CPU usage a lot greater than it was and under what circumstances.

Friday, December 02, 2011 9:24 PM
  • Hey SamPrincess,

In addition to the information given by D r h above, you may need to install the most recent drivers for your computer's chipset as well as any other drivers that are available from your computer manufacturer's website.

If a driver isn't able to install successfully, try using the compatibility troubleshooter to see if it can help the driver to install properly. The compatibility troubleshooter can be opened by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver. You will likely want to choose the choice for This program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now when it is given if the latest driver is only applicable to a different version of Windows.

If installing the latest drivers doesn't resolve this problem, try checking to see if a more recent version of your motherboard's BIOS is available from your computer manufacturer's website. Instructions for how to update your motherboard's BIOS should be available in your user manual or on your computer/motherboard provider's website.

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) or Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS/UEFI settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Sunday, December 04, 2011 1:27 AM
  • Do you have access to MSDN subscription? If yes, install the ADK and run a xperf trace and provide this trace here.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Sunday, December 04, 2011 5:03 PM