none
How to enable Night-reading mode in windows phone 8 application ?

All replies

• What do you mean by night reading mode? Where did you see such feature before?

Do you mean turning background to black and text to white? And you want this to be enabled even if user is using the white theme?

Simply adjust the styles for all controls at run time.

Toni Petrina
    My blog: Toni codes .NET
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Vote as Helpful"

Monday, July 29, 2013 11:12 AM
  • yes that what i mean  , but i want to make it for images not text 
    as that http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/ebook-reader/e76082d4-7993-44ca-a45c-27806a35b170

DesertQueen

Monday, July 29, 2013 1:22 PM
  • Then you'll have to do some image manipulation. Are your images black and white? Can you simply invert colors pixel by pixel? Or if they are in color, what do you want them to look like when you are in "night mode"?

Toni Petrina
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Vote as Helpful"

Monday, July 29, 2013 1:44 PM
  • yes it's gif image black and white .Could you please give me the code for inverting colors pixel by pixel ? 

DesertQueen

• Edited by DevWP Monday, July 29, 2013 3:42 PM update
    Monday, July 29, 2013 3:42 PM
  • Simply load the image in the WriteableBitmap and then go through each pixel and update it.

Try this link for more information: Altering pixels in a Windows Phone 7 Silverlight-based app.

Toni Petrina

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:44 AM
  • my image is gif so i dispaly it in animated image not image control 

where is Mark As Answe  option?

DesertQueen

• Edited by DevWP Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:02 AM update
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:59 AM
  • Then you'll have to play a little bit with GIF file format to do so. I'll try later to do it myself, but I'd like you to send me one such GIF file to test my code on. If that is possible.

Take a look at this topic: Gif stream to writeablebitmap problem

There is no "mark as answer" here since this thread was created as a discussion and not as a question.

Toni Petrina

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:42 AM
  • Could you please give me you mail to contact you ?

DesertQueen

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:52 AM
  • You can contact me via the contact form on my blog: http://www.tonicodes.net/blog/contact/. I prefer not to publicly write my email address.

Toni Petrina

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:47 AM
  • ok i'll upload the gif image and send you the link

DesertQueen

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 12:15 PM
  • How to do that..?

Turning background to black, and the text to white..?

Is there any app made available for that..? or should i change in settings?

Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:43 AM
  • yes if you use text you can change the background to black and foreground to white in night mode

DesertQueen

Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:18 PM