none
XML Notepad 2007 doesn't validate XML files against XSD files correctly in Windows 7?

Question

• I'm trying to use XML Notepad 2007 to validate my XML files against an XSD file.

But XML notepad says the XML file is invalid, even though it is valid when I do the same thing under Windows XP.

Is this a known issue?

Is there some setting I'm missing to make XML Notepad work under Windows 7? Or is this something that can't be fixed?

Are there substitute programs? I need an XML application that can validate XML files give a list of all found errors.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 11:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please show us the XML you're trying to validate and the XSD file/files you want to validate it against?

Writing such application in .NET is pretty simple, just use XmlReader and XmlReaderSettings to set it to validate Schema and your set of XSD files.

Thanks,

Vitek Karas [MSFT]
    Friday, June 25, 2010 2:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please show us the XML you're trying to validate and the XSD file/files you want to validate it against?

Writing such application in .NET is pretty simple, just use XmlReader and XmlReaderSettings to set it to validate Schema and your set of XSD files.

Thanks,

Vitek Karas [MSFT]
    Friday, June 25, 2010 2:55 PM
  • Jackcxx,

I know this is a late answer, but I had this similar problem, and I found your question when googling for it.

I also found a solution: try copying the url or file-location of the xsd into the 'file-name' field in menu-item view->schemas...

• Edited by Silexy Friday, September 02, 2011 11:24 AM
    Friday, September 02, 2011 10:59 AM
  • Thanks! I'll try it.
    Friday, July 13, 2012 4:34 PM