none
SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2008R2 - reports called from .Net application

Question

• We have a .Net application that has been working properly with SSRS 2005 for several years.  Our hosting facility is upgrading everything to SQL 2008 R2 which means that we also have to upgrade our environment.

We have upgraded the reports (I believe properly) and in the new SSRS 2008 R2 environment we can call the reports directly but when we try to call the reports via the .Net application, something breaks and we get nothing back, just a blank page and no errors in the event viewer.

I'm guessing that it's either a configuration issue, maybe the method for calling the report from an external .Net application has changed, or there's a permissions error.  Honestly I think it's probably something we didn't account for in the way we're calling the reports.  Again, when we call them directly in SSRS they come back so that's why I think it's related to the .Net application rather than the reports/SSRS implementation itself.

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations that we can try?  I've been searching on the topic and have seen a few things that we're tracking down here but I figured I'd ask the question about our specific issues in case I'm missing something.

thanks!

Monday, February 24, 2014 3:05 PM

All replies