none
How to create workflow for Email sending

Question

• Hi,

I am looking to create a workflow in sharepoint 2013 site with sharepoint desinger 2013 platform. I have created a test document library and i wanted to sent a email when a new item is added in that library. first i created the email action and i have given the name in that. The name which i choose has email id in AD. And i set the workflow status after that i have ended the workflow. After publishing that workflow i checked with that site. The name of the workflow is displayed. After adding an new document the set message wasn't showing. It show's stage1. when i clicked that it shows internal status as cancelled.

Where must i give the email address. I couldn't type email address in define message window.

Help me to resolve this.

Thanks in advance,

Rajendran.

Friday, January 10, 2014 7:29 AM

All replies

• hi

check this step by step example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4p079ciVZg

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Friday, January 10, 2014 7:56 AM
  • How to point a user's mail id. We are gonna give the user name only.

Friday, January 10, 2014 9:22 AM
  • I have created the user profile syn for an account. And i have logged in with that account. And i tested with a test user in sharepoint site. But still i am getting this error.

RequestorId: 668910a3-745a-b47b-3f85-52e101f399b4. Details: System.ApplicationException: HTTP 500 {"Transfer-Encoding":["chunked"],"X-SharePointHealthScore":["0"],"SPClientServiceRequestDuration":["11"],"SPRequestGuid":["668910a3-745a-b47b-3f85-52e101f399b4"],"request-id":["668910a3-745a-b47b-3f85-52e101f399b4"],"X-FRAME-OPTIONS":["SAMEORIGIN"],"MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices":["15.0.0.4420"],"X-Content-Type-Options":["nosniff"],"X-MS-InvokeApp":["1; RequireReadOnly"],"Cache-Control":["max-age=0, private"],"Date":["Sat, 11 Jan 2014 02:34:10 GMT"],"Server":["Microsoft-IIS\/8.0"],"X-AspNet-Version":["4.0.30319"],"X-Powered-By":["ASP.NET"]} at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Runtime.Subroutine.SubroutineChild.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor

There are no items to show in this view of the "Tasks" list. To add a new item, click "New".

Help me to resolve this.

Friday, January 10, 2014 1:18 PM
  • can anyone tell me what's to be done to create a simple mail workflow. I have searched in google so far i haven't found clear resolution for this problem. I need to create a simple workflow, how to do this without breaking the code.

What's to be done before creating the workflow.

I have many video reference to create a workflow in sharepoint desinger.

I tried to run the workflow with site collection administrator account and member account. Still  i am getting this error.

Monday, January 13, 2014 5:47 AM