Store option in Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate

Question

• Hi,

will there be option 'Store' in Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate like in Visual Studio 11?

I would like to create program for Microsoft store, but I don't know is that possible if I don't have Visual Studio 11.

I'm asking because in one video I saw that you can publish your program through 'Store' option.

Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:26 AM

All replies

• You're talking about Metro apps, correct?

I cannot speak for Microsoft, but I think it very unlikely that the new technologies added in Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview will be added to older Visual Studio versions.

If you plan to use that option, plan on purchasing Visual Studio 11.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:10 PM
  • Yes, I'm talking about Metro apps.

I'm student and I got Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate for free, so it's problem for me to purchase Visual Studio 11 because it costs too much for my student budget.

• Edited by Mihael92 Monday, March 05, 2012 8:18 AM
    Monday, March 05, 2012 8:17 AM
  • You can download and try the VS 11 beta at no cost:

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/11/en-us/downloads 

As VS 11 has yet to be released in final form, perhaps your student status will allow you to obtain a free copy of VS 11 when it is released.

Monday, March 05, 2012 3:16 PM
  • I have option to download all these Microsoft Visual Studios 11 listed in the picture I attached.

Can you tell which one is the best to develop Metro apps?

I saw that Microsoft offers on their site Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Express Beta for building Metro apps, but as you can see Microsoft Visual Studio 2011 Professional Beta is first on my list for download, so I don't know is it better than Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Express Beta, and we students have privilege to use it before public.

Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:48 AM
  • The Professional Edition is a superset of Express, and would be my choice.

Again, for Metro app development, you will need to first install the Windows 8 Consumer Preview:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/download 

Then, install the VS 11 Pro on that OS.

Saturday, March 10, 2012 1:33 PM
  • Thank you,

and as for Microsoft Visual Studios 11, I also have more versions of Windows 8 to download. Do you think that any of them is better than the version Microsoft allows everyone to download, or should I install that version for everyone you posted above?

Saturday, March 10, 2012 4:33 PM
  • Either the first or second, depending on whether your hardware supports a 64 bit OS.

If you have a fairly new computer with at least 4 Gig main memory, the 64 bit edition is probably the better choice.

Saturday, March 10, 2012 8:44 PM