}

public partial class InvestorFund : BaseEntity {

public int FundID { get; set; }

}

Mapping Classes

this.Property(t => t.ID).HasColumnName("FundID");

My Code First Join SQL Query 

from fund in context.Funds
    join investorFund in context.InvestorFunds on fund.ID equals investorFund.FundID

Throws an "Invalid column name Discriminator"

• Moved by CoolDadTxMVP Monday, April 29, 2013 5:12 PM EF related
    Monday, April 29, 2013 7:53 AM

Answers

• I think you are using Table per Type approach. I believe, you need to change as you are inheriting.

See the other forum thread

--Krishna

Monday, April 29, 2013 2:17 PM
  • You're trying to map 2 fields to the same column.  That isn't going to work AFAIK.  In your InvestorFund class FundID is going to have the same column name as your base entity's ID column.

You should mark the FundID column as not mapped so EF won't try to use it.  This also means you won't be able to use it in EF queries.  You should also modify FundID to wrap the underlying ID column instead. 

Michael Taylor
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/p3net

Monday, April 29, 2013 5:12 PM

All replies

• I think you are using Table per Type approach. I believe, you need to change as you are inheriting.

See the other forum thread

--Krishna

Monday, April 29, 2013 2:17 PM
  • You're trying to map 2 fields to the same column.  That isn't going to work AFAIK.  In your InvestorFund class FundID is going to have the same column name as your base entity's ID column.

You should mark the FundID column as not mapped so EF won't try to use it.  This also means you won't be able to use it in EF queries.  You should also modify FundID to wrap the underlying ID column instead. 

Michael Taylor
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/p3net

Monday, April 29, 2013 5:12 PM