Application only runs on developed PC (VB 2008 Professional Edition)

Question

• I just finished my application and it runs well on the main pc i did the programming. After failing on many different pcs, one pc running Win-XP_SP2 finally gave me an error message as below;

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : wimax clients database.exe     P2 : 1.0.0.0    
    P3 : 4f8c46ce     P4 : wimax clients database     P5 : 1.0.0.0     P6 : 4f8c46ce
    P7 : 18     P8 : e9     P9 : system.invalidoperationexception 

Please i badly need help.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

First this is not the forum for the Professional Edition. That one is:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/threads

The message you got seems does not look much to a message a framework is giving.

Are you sure the right frameworks are installed on the other PC's 

The Frameworks are extensions to the OS which are independent from the used OS version.

Success
    Cor

Friday, April 20, 2012 6:17 AM
  • Shadowapwars,

tell us a little bit more about this other PC.
    I never understand the poor information in every requirement.
    Which Operating System use your development PC?
    Wich OS is on the other one.
    Whats about Framework environment.
    Are there any DLL's includet in your application?
    Are these technical requirements also avialable on the other PC.
    Do you only run the executabel file or did you create a install program ...

Please, please, please more information and you'll receive a better response.

Liebe Grüße Stefan | Cheers Stefan I'm using VB 2008 and VB 2010 Express Be a good forum member - mark posts that contain the answers to your questions or those that are helpful. c# in vb Translator: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/

Friday, April 20, 2012 6:34 AM
  • Hi.
    Well, for now;

1. The developing PC runs Win 7 Pro.

2. The Application installs and runs with no problem or error on the developing pc.

3. I have tested the application on Win XP Pro-SP2 and SP3.

The application installs well on both systems with no problems or errors. But does not run at all after installation. I was just abit lucky with the SP-2 because the error message below came up. There was actually no error message after testing it on Win-XP_sp3. Please I really need help. I am new and ready to send the uncompiled app to anyone willing to help. Below is the error message again;

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : wimax clients database.exe     P2 : 1.0.0.0    
    P3 : 4f8c46ce     P4 : wimax clients database     P5 : 1.0.0.0     P6 : 4f8c46ce
    P7 : 18     P8 : e9     P9 : system.invalidoperationexception    

Bye.

Shadowspears

Friday, April 20, 2012 7:48 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Giftzwockel Saturday, April 21, 2012 10:56 AM
    Saturday, April 21, 2012 6:50 AM
  • As Cor said. Double post.
    Same answer. Install netFramework on the other PC.
    Compare the systems.
    There is no additional thing we can do for you based on yor given information.

Liebe Grüße Stefan | Cheers Stefan I'm using VB 2008 and VB 2010 Express Be a good forum member - mark posts that contain the answers to your questions or those that are helpful. c# in vb Translator: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/

• Proposed as answer by Giftzwockel Saturday, April 21, 2012 10:56 AM
    Saturday, April 21, 2012 10:56 AM