none
How can I connect MAXIMO Application to SharePoint?

Question

• How can I connect MAXIMO Application to SharePoint? I wanted to integrate MAXIMO to SharePoint that, whenever I click a field in MAXIMO will export all data into a word document and stored it in ShaerPoint. I wanted to use SharePoint as my DMS. I hope someone will give answer for this. Thank you. 
    Melodie Mondevilla
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, December 08, 2011 12:13 PM Help is a stupid title - replaced
    Friday, November 11, 2011 6:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Brooke,

Thank you for your post.

This is a quick note to let you know that we are performing research on this issue.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:45 AM
  • Hello Brooke,

Can u provide more details on Maximo application  & what  do u mean by connecting to share point ?  how do you intend to export  data to SharePoint ? How does this need to show up in SharePoint ?

If you just need to copy the  word file  onto a SharePoint list ,  Explorer view can be used .  Here is a blog which explains Explorer View  http://blogs.technet.com/b/manjesh/archive/2010/01/03/all-about-explorer-view-in-sharepoint.aspx . Once you get us the details we will be able to better understand the issue. Thanks Manas

Regards,
    Manas Biswas
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:56 AM
  • Hello,

I am also looking at solutions that would integrate Maximo with Sharepoint.  If we were to save an attachment using Maximo functionality, but instead have that attachment be stored in a Sharepoint list so we can take advantage of our Sharepoint expertise and Sharepoint Archiving strategy, is this possible?

Thank you,

KChinny

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 1:19 AM
  • Hello,

I am also looking at solutions that would integrate Maximo with Sharepoint.  If we were to save an attachment using Maximo functionality, but instead have that attachment be stored in a Sharepoint list so we can take advantage of our Sharepoint expertise and Sharepoint Archiving strategy, is this possible?

Thank you,

KChinny

What we are trying to do is to use the Maximo application to receive a reference to a local user file then, using a set of credentials mapped to the Maximo application, "save" the file into a SharePoint document library. We should be able to provide a human readable description to go along with the actual file name.

This should be a user transparent operation. Consider this an exercise in SOAP or REST communications. The idea is to have a one-way-street for the attachment. Once attached, it is a historical document that should never be edited again.

The current method is to save the document in SharePoint, then reference the file as a URL in Maximo. All files are attached to a Maximo record as a URL, where normally the repository is located behind the Apache Web Server, and the upload is transparent. If a second file with the same name and description are uploaded, the system appends a unique hex value to make it separate without over writing the original file.

I hope this helps.

Monday, March 25, 2013 10:17 PM
  • Hi I am looking at integrating Maximo application with SharePoint, did you guys find an answer for this? Regards Kris
    Tuesday, September 03, 2013 7:33 AM