none
Database in Principal, Synchronized/In Recovery mode

Question

• I can't find anything in the sql error logs referencing how long the recovery is going
    to take. There was a network glitch and Databases failed over and some failed
    back automatically while others I had to manually failback but again one db is
    sitting in the state mentioned above. Any way to get more info? I did run the
    query to check the state_desc and it does say RECOVERING.

I checked again and there isn't any reference as to what phase it is in for this
    particular database. I see all the other recovery notes for the other databases
    but none for this one. I did some research last night and it mentioned a "VLF"
    issue where it has to process all of those before you even get to the analysis
    phase, is that correct? Also, since the incident the drive with the database has
    used up an extra 5 GB. The
    log is currently filled with logon failure errors with Error 18456 Severity 14 Status 38. Almost all of them are from the server itself.

Saturday, August 17, 2013 3:29 PM

Answers

• The issue has been resolved, had to break the mirror and then delete the db on the mirror. After restarting the service on the principal, it came back up. Then it was just a backup and restore on the other server and then reconfigure mirroring.
    Monday, August 19, 2013 6:53 AM

All replies