none
Lab Screen Recorder File (.wmv) is always store 0 MB video

Question

• Hi,

We are using TFS Online (<MyProject>.VisualStudio.com> to store & execute test run. In Test Settings, inside Lab Center, we have enabled Screen and Voice Recorder.  Open .trx file in Visual Studio, shows ScreenCapture.wmv in the Collected file. When we download the ScreenCapture.wmv file, it always returns 0 MB/empty wmv file.

This has been working and then suddenly stopped.  Any idea what's happening? It looks like issue with Screen & Voice Recorder with TFS online.

-Shreyas

Shreyas Ranade (MSFT)

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Shreyas,

Thanks for your post!

According to your description, I can‘t reproduce your scene. (VS2012 update3, Cloud TFS)

I would like something as follows:

1. What the size of the wmv file that in the Test Result Attachments.
    2. What the version of your VS?
    3. What do you mean “This has been working and then suddenly stopped”?
    4. Is there any error/warning information during you do the test?

I suggest that:

1. Please update your VS to the latest version and check the result.
    2. Please update your TFS and check the result.

Thanks

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 01, 2013 9:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Shreyas,

Seems you use Microsoft Test Manager to do the operation, and the thread is more related to Microsoft Test Manager , I will move it to MTM forum for a better response. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards, 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:23 AM
  • Hi Shreyas,

Thanks for your post!

According to your description, I can‘t reproduce your scene. (VS2012 update3, Cloud TFS)

I would like something as follows:

1. What the size of the wmv file that in the Test Result Attachments.
    2. What the version of your VS?
    3. What do you mean “This has been working and then suddenly stopped”?
    4. Is there any error/warning information during you do the test?

I suggest that:

1. Please update your VS to the latest version and check the result.
    2. Please update your TFS and check the result.

Thanks

Best Regards

Friday, November 01, 2013 9:03 AM
  • Hi Shreyas,

I am facing the same issue. Could you please help me in resolving this issue?

(Version - 2012)

Thanks.

Monday, March 10, 2014 9:50 AM