Visual C# Express 2010

Question

• When I edit in the Visual Studio Editor and press enter, I get a message that the file was modified outside the editor. This is getting more pronounced as time goes on. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Thanks,

• Moved by Victor_Chen Monday, November 22, 2010 5:50 AM C# express (From:Visual Studio Editor)
    Friday, November 19, 2010 9:15 PM

Answers

• Hi PedalSteelMan,

Welcome MSDN Forums!

If the problem has not been solved, I think the commands following you will need to try.

You need locate to the IDE folder then run these commands, or you can set path to the system environment.

The following path is the vs2010 in my system, and you can use this for reference.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE

Devenv.exe /SafeMode  Launches the IDE in safe mode loading minimal windows.

Devenv.exe /ResetSettings    Restores the IDE's default settings, optionally resets to the specified VSSettings file.

Devenv.exe /ResetAddin       Removes commands and command UI associated with the specified Add-in.

Devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs  Clears all SkipLoading tags added to VSPackages.

After these, you can create a new project in a new workspace to avoid if there’re any problems of the old workspace settings.

If this issue is also exists, then you need to reinstall the vs2010.

1.       Uninstall vs2010.

2.       Clean the registry and files on disk.

3.       Install vs2010.

4.       Create the new solution in a new workspace.

If there’s anything unclear or I had misunderstood you, please feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day!

Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to the others community members reading the thread.

[All-In-One Code Framework]

Sample world! You will get more from this world!

Welcome to the new world!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:39 AM

All replies

• Hi PedalSteelMan,

Thanks for your post.

I think this issue is more relevant to C# express, I'm going to move it.

Hope you can get more useful information there.

Best Regards,

Ziwei Chen

Monday, November 22, 2010 5:48 AM
  • Hi PedalSteelMan,

Welcome MSDN Forums!

If the problem has not been solved, I think the commands following you will need to try.

You need locate to the IDE folder then run these commands, or you can set path to the system environment.

The following path is the vs2010 in my system, and you can use this for reference.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE

Devenv.exe /SafeMode  Launches the IDE in safe mode loading minimal windows.

Devenv.exe /ResetSettings    Restores the IDE's default settings, optionally resets to the specified VSSettings file.

Devenv.exe /ResetAddin       Removes commands and command UI associated with the specified Add-in.

Devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs  Clears all SkipLoading tags added to VSPackages.

After these, you can create a new project in a new workspace to avoid if there’re any problems of the old workspace settings.

If this issue is also exists, then you need to reinstall the vs2010.

1.       Uninstall vs2010.

2.       Clean the registry and files on disk.

3.       Install vs2010.

4.       Create the new solution in a new workspace.

If there’s anything unclear or I had misunderstood you, please feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day!

Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to the others community members reading the thread.

[All-In-One Code Framework]

Sample world! You will get more from this world!

Welcome to the new world!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:39 AM