Error using Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Design and Runtime DLL (CRAXDDRT.DLL) on windows 7 - 64 bit machine

Question

• Dear All,

I have a VB.Net Windows Application that uses Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Design and Runtime Library (CRAXDDRT.DLL) version 10.5.0.0. Objects such as "Application", "Report", and "FormulaFieldDefinition" are used from the DLL among other objects. The application runs successfully on 32 bit machines with various operating systems (Win XP, Windows Server 2000) however it fails on a Win 7 - 64 bit machine. I gues the problem is related to registering the mentioned DLL ion a 64 bit machine.

More on the error:

For example if I run this code

Dim app as CRAXDDRT.Application

app.OpenReport("c:\report.rpt")

I get this error: "Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {78F2A725-7CFB-4516-85A7-8A6224A2B321} failed due to the following error: 80040154"

I tried registering the DLL using regsvr32 but I got this error:

The module "c:\...\craxddrt.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c"

Kindly I need to know how can I make this DLL usable on a 64 bit machine. In case there is no way to do this, what is the replace? What other DLL should I use?

Appreciate any help on this.

Regards,

Bilal Awwad

Bilal
    Monday, October 11, 2010 8:30 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

The solution was to build the application with target platform set to x86 :))

Bilal
    Monday, October 11, 2010 2:06 PM