none
sitepages, custom OOTB CQWP,CE WP missing after restoring the sp 2010 content db

Question

• hi,

i have taken the backup of sp 2010 content db, and restored from one box to another box.

but when i restored, i am getting error in " resource can not be found" when i navigated to the sitepages and subsites within the site collection.

am having many site pages created, and OOTB web parts with some customization applied on cqwp,cewp etc.

is there any extra steps i need to perform in order to restore the site pages and customized OOTB web parts.

help is appreciated.

• Edited by SaMolPP Sunday, August 18, 2013 4:36 PM v
    Sunday, August 18, 2013 3:49 PM

All replies

• There is no web part in the page?

Or its giving error..

Sunday, August 18, 2013 5:21 PM
  • Hi,

This same issue I faced when i deployed one of my custom site definiton on a site collection.

At that time, i was not able to view webpart pages or unable to view lists and libraries.

But I solved the problem by applying proper master page to the site.

Then my problem got resolved due to this.

Try this and let me know.

Monday, August 19, 2013 3:35 AM
  • thnx..

that master page is having some custom css etc, those were stored in the style library.

and when i am trying to apply custom css , it shows me error in displaying web part message.

am stuck with, since the content db has all the contents why these kind of issues are coming?

does it miss those files, like custom css, custom master page etc?

what exactly things are happening when i restore the content db. wont it take the complete site Up and running as previous one?

Monday, August 19, 2013 5:10 PM