none
Filter Control for VS 2013

Answers

• Hi  bruce,

Thanks for your feedback, I think you could refer the method in the link Marden mentioned above. According to current information, I don't find filter control extension that LightSwitch development team release for Visual Studio 2013 RTM.

"I have concerns that if I do this I may not be able to update the projects to the new extension when it is released."

For this issue, I think Microsoft LightSwitch development team will take this into consideration before they release new extension.

Best regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:51 AM

All replies

• Marden:

Thanks for the reply, but I had previously seen the thread you referenced and am not so much seeking a work around to the problem as a new 2013 release. Specifically, my questions regarding the filter control for VS2013: Is it being worked on? When will it be released?

With regard to the manifest edit work around, as previously stated: "I have concerns that if I do this I may not be able to update the projects to the new extension when it is released."

Bruce

Bruce

Saturday, November 09, 2013 6:58 PM
  • Hi bruce

We publish a LightSwitch detail control extension sample for Visual Studio 2013 in 10/18/2013, this sample demonstrates how to create a detail control extension for Visual Studio LightSwitch in Visual Studio 2013. Detail controls are used by LightSwitch to display an entity field. I think it will be good reference for you,

LightSwitch Detail Control Extension Sample for Visual Studio 2013

hope it helps.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:57 AM
  • Angie:

Thanks for replying, but I don't think the detail control extension will do it. I and others are looking for an official update to the filter control extension. Do you know if this is being worked on or not?

Bruce

Bruce

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:52 PM
  • Hi  bruce,

Thanks for your feedback, I think you could refer the method in the link Marden mentioned above. According to current information, I don't find filter control extension that LightSwitch development team release for Visual Studio 2013 RTM.

"I have concerns that if I do this I may not be able to update the projects to the new extension when it is released."

For this issue, I think Microsoft LightSwitch development team will take this into consideration before they release new extension.

Best regards

Angie

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:51 AM