none
Text and Image edit on Canvas with saving as image option

Question

• Hello,

I am working on an application, in which there is requirement for one page where user can insert/edit text and image on canvas, and save as image file.

For example:

Insert text, edit it like resize/change angles, change font and color etc.
    Insert image from phone storage, resize it, change angle etc.
    And save the canvas content as image file.

Please help urgently, share some basic sample code where I can at least start developing for this page, later I can add option one by one.

Starting point can be create windows phone canvas page and insert simple text, and save it as image.

Thank you in advance,

- Vicky

Monday, August 26, 2013 11:46 AM

All replies

• The dynamic live tiles sample creates an image based on composited controls and may provide a good starting point for you.

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/wpapps/Building-Dynamic-Live-52bdc195/sourcecode?fileId=50836&pathId=1294015850

-Eric.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:16 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks Eric, I have seen example, it is good start

But I'm still confused with Canvas, whether I should use it or not. Some forums suggest, it is needed when there is drawing work.

And my work is simple. User can add text, with that there will formatting options of text size, font, color, etc. After formatting, user can save file to edit it again or print.

After this basic work, I need to give option to add image.

So do I need to work with canvas or Grid and Stack panel is enough to complete this task?

Please reply with example and suggestion, as I'm already behind the deadline. 

Thanks, 

- Vicky

Thursday, August 29, 2013 3:20 AM
  • Thanks Eric,

I have started using Canvas for Designing the text and Image, stack panel for formatting options underneath canvas.  

Once I added text editing on canvas, I need to save the contents of canvas which later can be editable or print.

It would be great if you help in saving the contents of canvas

Thanks,

- Vicky

Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:24 PM