none
500 - Internal server error.There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Question

• Hi all,

I can successful install CRM 4.0 Ent on Win2008 R2 Ent with MS SQL 2008 R2 Ent Database.

I have domain DC 2003, CRM server win2008 and SQL 2008 are installed in the same server with join DC 2003

I can login Dynamics CRM on CRM server locally, but when I tested on other machine with login other user domain is facing problem, its get error "500 - Internal server error.There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

on CRM server have 2 NICs card, and I want to public the FQDN to internet on IP private.

Does anyone can help me pls how to fix the problem and pls help me how to public FQDN to internet.

Thank in advance

Vinh Nguyen

Saturday, October 23, 2010 4:36 PM

All replies

• Do you see any errors in event viewer when you get the 500 error?

You should also check out the Internet Facing Deployment (IFD) documentation and the IFD tool to make it available over the Internet.

Neil - My CRM Blog
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 10:17 PM
  • I still not config IFD tool, run on local network for testing before.

On Event Viewer it get:

Failed to initialize SQLSQM timer. One of the following can be the source of the problem: registry doesn't contain all necessary information, server instance name can not be retrieved correctly, failure during timer creation, etc.

Does anyone can help me pls ?

Thank in advance,

Vinh Nguyen

Sunday, October 24, 2010 4:53 AM
  • I heard crm 4.0 does not work on window server 2008 R2 addition.
    Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney, Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 11:25 AM
  • That is for CRM 2011 Beta.  You should be able to get CRM 4 running with IFD if you follow the documentation carefully.

Regards, Donna

Monday, November 15, 2010 4:15 PM
    Owner