none
No data with Web Analytics Reports - SharePoint 2013

Question

• Hello,

I have data when I click on the Web analytics reports.  I am using SharePoint 2013, but with sites with the SharePoint 2010 visual interface.

What are some of the things to look for to get these working?

I have Reports feature enabled at the site collection level.

I have enabled usage data collection and have scheduled it.

What is the SharePoint job to check to ensure that it is running. 

What is the permissions to use for the Logging database and the log folder?

Thanks.

Paul

Friday, August 29, 2014 8:06 PM

All replies

• Take a look at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chandru/archive/2013/08/31/sharepoint-2013-web-analytics-report-where-is-it.aspx to see if it explains what you're looking for (essentially, Web Analytics is no longer available).

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Saturday, August 30, 2014 4:56 PM
  • I think the problem is that the visual interface needs to be in SharePoint 2013.  My sites are in SharePoint 2010 interface, even though they are SharePoint 2013.  Is it true that sites need to be in the 2013 interface? 

Paul

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 10:25 PM
  • Hi Paul,

As the link introduced in Trevor's suggestion, the Web Analytics service is not available in SharePoint 2013 even though the site you created is in SharePoint 2010 interface.

You can find the details behind this change in this TechNet Article under the section Web Analytics in SharePoint Server 2010.

If you want to view the reports in the site, you need to upgrade the user interface to SharePoint 2013 interface, then click Popularity and Search Reports or Popularity Trends to get the reports.

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 09, 2014 8:26 AM