Convert .jar file to .dll

Question

• This may seem trivial, but I'm not a Java developer.  (I'm a C# guy)

How can I convert a .jar file to a .dll so I can reference it in a Visual J# project?

Which would eventually enable me to reference the J# .dll from a C# application, correct?

Thursday, July 05, 2007 3:58 PM

Answers

• We have to use a converter tool from jar to dll like Jbimp and IKVM to reference jar. (I recommend IKVM.)

If you use Jbimp, you have to reference not only the converted dll but vjslib.

Friday, July 06, 2007 10:45 PM

All replies

• We have to use a converter tool from jar to dll like Jbimp and IKVM to reference jar. (I recommend IKVM.)

If you use Jbimp, you have to reference not only the converted dll but vjslib.

Friday, July 06, 2007 10:45 PM
  • Is it possible to use this jbimp or ikvm utility to convert an .ear (Enterprise archive) file to a .dll file...

this .ear file is a collection of many .jar files and it would be great if all these .jar files could be available now into one single .dll instead of having separate .dll files for every .jar file.

Thursday, October 04, 2007 3:45 AM
  • I eventually did this by using a java decompiler to decompile several jars and then put them into one jar to make into a .Net Dll.

Of course we've always been the reverse-engineering type.
    Thursday, October 04, 2007 12:55 PM
  • Can we make a .dll from a jar that contain a main (a normal program that needs parameter to run) ? If yes how to call the .dll using parameters?
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:43 PM