none
RSS Viewer doesn't work in SP 2013 publishing pages

Question

• Hi,

I have SharePoint 2013 site with Publishing enabled. When I add RSS Viewer to a page and save, it works well (still unpublished). When I publish the page it doesn't load the RSS Viewer. Progress bar is moving continuously but no outcome.

I have dug out the internet for a proper solution but couldn't find any. A proper solution or reason from the community is much appreciated.

Thanks.

LK

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 1:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that the RSS viewer web part progress bar was still loading while the page publshed.

The issue may be related to the browser, you can check with the following steps.

Use compatibility mode to check whether it works.

Open IE->Tools->Compatibility View Settings

Or add the site into Trusted sites.

Open the IE->Internet Options->Security->Sites->add the site into the Websites, then check whether it works.

What's more, you can use other browsers to check whether it works, such as Firefox, Chrome

Best Regards,

Jason

Jason Guo
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check all the authenication settings.

http://sharepointconnoisseur.blogspot.in/2011/04/sharepoint-2010-rss-viewer-web-part.html

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the answer if it helps you

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:33 AM
  • Thanks Lakshmanan for your reply.

The interesting thing here is if I create a site/ page without publishing then I'm able to load the RSS viewer.

I tested this with two different pages (one publishing and the other one non-publishing) in the same server, same web app but unfortunately the publishing page RSS Viewer doesn't work.

LK.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 6:16 AM
  • Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that the RSS viewer web part progress bar was still loading while the page publshed.

The issue may be related to the browser, you can check with the following steps.

Use compatibility mode to check whether it works.

Open IE->Tools->Compatibility View Settings

Or add the site into Trusted sites.

Open the IE->Internet Options->Security->Sites->add the site into the Websites, then check whether it works.

What's more, you can use other browsers to check whether it works, such as Firefox, Chrome

Best Regards,

Jason

Jason Guo
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:35 AM