none
New connexion in a report for a mysql database

Question

• English version at the end of the mail

Bonjour,

Comment  choisir 1 source de données MySQL dans 1 rapport RDLC généré avec le contrôle ReportViewer disponible dans VB .Net Studio Pro ?

Pour informations, dans l'onglet Données du rapport, je clique sur Nouveau, Dataset. Dans Sources de données, je clique sur Nouveau. Je choisis Base de données, Suivant, Dataset, Suivant, Nouvelle connexion. A partir de là, je n'arrive pas à établir une nouvelle connexion pour accéder à ma base MySQL.

Merci pour votre aide.

Cordialement

Stéphane

Hello,

How can I choose a MySQL datasource in a RDLC report generated by the ReportViewer control available in VB .Net Studio Pro ?

For informations, in the datapage "Data of the report" , I click on New, Dataset. In "Datasources", I click on New. I choose  "Database, Next, Dataset, Next, New connexion". Then, I can't establish a new connexion for access my MySQL database.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Stéphane

PS : sorry for my english

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ,

Please Check this Link: http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2615/creating-a-ssrs-report-using-a-mysql-data-source/

I hope it helps .If still you  face problem .Kindly let me know .

Thanks

Rishab

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:40 PM
  • Hi Stéphane,

From your description, you want to create a link using MYSQL as the data source, right? If in this case, please refer to the link below to see:
    using SQL Reporting Services to report on MySQL database

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:40 AM
  • Hi and thanks a lot Rishab and Charlie !

Your solution is the good one and now all works fine !

Thanks to you, I had download the ODBC Driver for MySQL and added the driver in the ODBC DataSource Administrator. Then, I could create a new connexion to my database, and create a dataset based on this connexion. And now, I can create a report directly in VB .Net with the ReportViewer control, using the dataset.

Best regards,

Stéphane

Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:30 AM