I can't get the registration key of Visual Basic 2010 Express online.HELP!

Question

• I can get into the registration page that require me to login
    I can also get into the page that require me to fill in the information
    But then
    when i click the button
    the next page can't be opened

What should i do to solve this problem?
    What should i do to get a registration key?

Or can anyone give me a registration key of Visual Basic 2010 Express

I have got 20 days only. Help!

• Moved by Cindy Meister MVPMVP Saturday, May 08, 2010 7:07 AM not a VSTO question (From:Visual Studio Tools for Office)
    • Edited by Patrick940721 Sunday, May 09, 2010 7:52 AM
    Saturday, May 08, 2010 6:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• You must change “wwwstaging” to “www.microsoft.com" and "lng" to "enu" in address

fetched from next URL

http://valker.wordpress.com/2010/05/03/%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BA-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%82%D1%8C-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BC%D1%83-%D1%81-%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%86%D0%B8/#comment-6170

Saturday, May 08, 2010 10:30 AM
  • Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forums!

Please check the following similar cases for some instruction:

Document: Visual Studio 2010 Express - Product Registration Instruction

http://www.microsoft.com/express/support/regins/

Similar thread: Visual Basic Express 2010 Registration

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Vsexpressvb/thread/43e9d22d-6df7-47a0-ac2f-29c5f7478356

Best regards,
    Martin Xie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, May 14, 2010 9:15 AM
  • OFFLINE REGISTRATION WORKS GREAT! ONCE COMPLETED JUST COPY AND PASTE IT INTO REGISTRATION BOX. EASY AS THAT!
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:27 PM
  • Dear Martin

I am one of the moltitude that cannot get a registration key on line, when I try to start the Visual Basic 2010 express.

What is this mess ?? Why is it not possible ?

I stayed hours trying to see on the screen something different from a rotating bunch of green balls ?

I have to say, it is the first time that I experience such kind of 'unprofessional' stuff for Microsoft products.

Really unusual.

I need help and I would like to obtain clear and sure answers, not only links to other problems pages or forums.

Thank you

Angelo Sabatelli

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 8:30 AM
  • Thanks Angelo for your feedback and kindly reminding.

Somehow this link has been broken and redirected to Installing and Registering Visual Studio Express Editions Forum page.

Document:Visual Studio 2010 Express - Product Registration Instruction

http://www.microsoft.com/express/support/regins/

Please check the following instruction (with walkthrough and illustration) to get registration key.

Open Visual Basic Express Edition -> click “Help” menu -> click “Register Product”, then follow the steps to finish registration process.

Registration Instructions for Visual Basic 2010 Express

http://www.homeschoolprogramming.com/instructions2/Visual_Basic_2010_Registration_Instructions.pdf

Notes:

1.       During the registration process, you must use Internet Explorer as your default browser.

If you are using Firefox, Chrome, or another web browser, you may experience difficulty or hangs during the process! If Internet Explorer is not your default browser, please follow the instructions below. You can revert to your preferred browser after the registration is complete.

2.       You will need a Windows Live ID (or MSN Hotmail, MSN Messenger, or Passport account) in order to register.

3.       Open “Internet Options” -> click “General” tab -> click “Languages” button -> Ensure English(United States)[en-US] is at the top of Languages References list

Some customers fix this issue by this way http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/Vsexpressinstall/thread/56d44263-d33b-44ac-aeb0-4f9032c62ebe

Martin Xie [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 10:36 AM
  • With Google Chrome the registration process works fine.

IE 9 is having problems. Seems that IE 9 is not compatible with MS own websites.....?

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:49 PM
  • I had this same exact problem. You need to reset Internet Explorer to its default settings. Go to the Advanced Settings and click Restore advanced setttings button and the Reset button below it. Click both buttons! Then close IE. Open VB 2010 Express and in the Register Product dialog, click the obtain registration online button. IE will open to the Windows Live login. Log into Windows Live, wait for that little green wheel to move and suddenly you will git a new page that lets you register VB. It will already have your name and login email filled in. Click whatever boxes or provide whatever information you like and click the continue button at the bottom of the page. It will go to another page thanking you for registering and tell you that you will receive an email that contains your Registration key. Wait a few minutes to receive the email, open it and you will find your new registration key. Enter it into the VB register product dialog and click the register button. Your VB is now registered and you will never see that dialog box again! I have IE9 and had changed the default settings. It changes something that this whole process doesn't like. Don't ask me what it is, I don't know and don't care. I'm happy that I got my key and that VB 2010 Express is free.
    Monday, August 06, 2012 6:27 PM
  • Thank you SpringHillPaul for the information!. I made it (",)
    Thursday, September 06, 2012 4:51 AM