none
MSR_NuiApi issue

Question

• Hey,

Over the last day or so I've been trying to include the MSR_NuiApi files so that I can add Kinect support to my project... I have the files added as external dependencies, and when I #include "MSR_NuiApi" VS2010 doesn't throw any errors - but when I go to use INuiSensor as suggested in the SkeletalView tutorial here I get the error stating that it is an undeclared identifier. I am able to right click the file location within the include and open it, and I have included the .dll file in the project so I'm not sure what I could be missing.

Any help with this would be brilliant! :-)

Monday, April 09, 2012 2:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Daniel, sounds like you're using an old beta version of the SDK.  I suggest you update to the final released version, it is more tested and solid, and has more samples and getting-started info.  Plus, it has a bunch of API improvements from the Beta, so if you start coding now against the Beta SDK you'll create a bunch of migration problems for yourself if you ever want to upgrade.  Which you will towards the end of May, I suspect.
    • Marked as answer by DanielCake Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:43 PM
    Monday, April 09, 2012 7:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Daniel, sounds like you're using an old beta version of the SDK.  I suggest you update to the final released version, it is more tested and solid, and has more samples and getting-started info.  Plus, it has a bunch of API improvements from the Beta, so if you start coding now against the Beta SDK you'll create a bunch of migration problems for yourself if you ever want to upgrade.  Which you will towards the end of May, I suspect.
    • Marked as answer by DanielCake Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:43 PM
    Monday, April 09, 2012 7:53 PM
  • Updating it now - hoping for the best! :-) Will let you know how it goes - thanks!

Edit: was the issue, working now - feel a fool! Thanks for the help!

• Edited by DanielCake Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:43 PM
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:38 AM