Microsoft Directx SDK

Question

• When I dont have any directx sdk installed, which should I download? I noticed that DirectX SDK August has update behind it's name. And it has not all the same examples / tutorials as earlier sdk's.

But when I download all sdk's from directx9, I have a lot of double data on my pc :(

Monday, September 19, 2005 8:57 AM

Answers

• G'day!

Though it says it's an "Update", it is actually a stand-alone package so you don't need to download any other DX SDKs.

As things change samples are occasionally removed and new ones added.  If you really need an older sample you can unzip the SDK archive that has it and copy out the sample code, you don't need to install it or keep the rest of it around.
    Monday, September 19, 2005 5:55 PM

All replies

• G'day!

Though it says it's an "Update", it is actually a stand-alone package so you don't need to download any other DX SDKs.

As things change samples are occasionally removed and new ones added.  If you really need an older sample you can unzip the SDK archive that has it and copy out the sample code, you don't need to install it or keep the rest of it around.
    Monday, September 19, 2005 5:55 PM
  • i love this sdk update10

Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:15 AM