compare date field in sharepoint designer without considering time

Question

• Hi

I  set date1 field in sharepoint designer with “set field in current item” action. And in next step I want to compare date1 with another date field. With “if date1 not equal to date2”

although I set  “Date & Time Format” to “Date only”, my problem is sharepoint designer consider time ( although my condition is true ,I think its compare the time of my date field and cant go next step) and I don’t want it. I want to compare date filed only with date,

what should I do, that sharepoint designer only consider Date in Date field in action?

Thanx a lot.

Sunday, April 10, 2011 8:40 AM

Answers

• when you compare two dates in SPD, click the condition "equal" a drop down will appear. Choose "equals (ignoring time)" as condition.

It will appear  like:

If  Created equals (ignoring time) ListName:Modifed

That it.

Dare to promise
    • Marked as answer by luckstar Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:41 PM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 5:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand that you want to create a workflow which contains a condition to compare date1 to another data field. You need that SharePoint Designer only consider Date in Date field in action .You said that you have set  “Date & Time Format” to “Date only”. I want to know how did you accomplish this .

I try to do as what you said and my workflow work properly .I just set the “Date & Time Format” to “Date only” by doing :Browse to a list or a document library and click Settings>List Settings /Document Library Settings .Click column date1 in the Column field to change “Date & Time Format” to “Date only” ,and then click OK. Change “Date & Time Format” to “Date only” of another date field according to the steps above . Then the workflow will only compare Date in Date field .

Please let me know the results of these actions at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,

Ming

Ming
    Monday, April 18, 2011 8:06 AM
  • when you compare two dates in SPD, click the condition "equal" a drop down will appear. Choose "equals (ignoring time)" as condition.

It will appear  like:

If  Created equals (ignoring time) ListName:Modifed

That it.

Dare to promise
    • Marked as answer by luckstar Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:41 PM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 5:06 PM
  • Ming-chch:

I set the “Date & Time Format” to “Date only” through same way.

(Settings>List Settings /Document Library Settings .Click column date1 in the Column field to change “Date & Time Format” to “Date only” ,and then click OK)

But my problem solved when I used “equals (ignoring time)” Condition for comparing date.

Thanx you and Deepak  for your answers.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:44 PM