none
Using Service Broker to Notify Several C# Clinent(s) with one Message and Single Queue.

Question

• I would like to use Service Broker to notify several C# Clients with a change notification that they need to make a call to the database when something is updated by inserting a single message into a message queue and have all the clients receive it.  We are using SQL 2008 and it appears that all conversations between a client and SQL are one-to-one and cannot be many-to-one.  I have seen examples where each client must call into the database to setup the communication channel but that seems to be overkill for what I need.

Of course all clients should be able to read the message and then it would be removed from the queue after all registered clients have accessed the queue.  Thanks,

Thanks,

Wednesday, December 04, 2013 7:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Robert1948,

Thank you for your question. 

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
    Allen Li

Allen Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 09, 2013 2:39 AM
  • Hi,

I think this thread can answer your question: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7286413/notification-about-database-change

Regards,
    Christian HL
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, December 09, 2013 3:09 AM