none
App started to crash after windows update

Question

• Hi,

I have an application in Windows Store and one of customers began to experience problems with app after the new updates installed by Windows update. Reinstalling of app resolves problem. Unfortunately he doesn't know which of updates led to such effect, but I think this is one of the updates of last week. Any thoughts what it can be? 

App uses DirectX, if this could help.

Thanks.

Monday, September 23, 2013 12:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Daemonolog,

Welcome to MSDN forum!

I think if only one customer came across this issue, it is also possible that the reason is on the customer.

And if many of customers have came across this issue, then you could collect more detail info and share with us.

If so, I think we could get the reason more easily and quickly.

Regards! 

<font color="0099FF">&lt;THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED &quot;AS IS&quot; WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED&gt;</font><br/> Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 3:12 AM

All replies

• This doesn't ring a bell, and without more information about the details of the crash it will be near-impossible to track down. Do you have just the one report of it or is there a pattern? Did your customer upload a crash dump through WER?

--Rob

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:24 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Daemonolog,

Welcome to MSDN forum!

I think if only one customer came across this issue, it is also possible that the reason is on the customer.

And if many of customers have came across this issue, then you could collect more detail info and share with us.

If so, I think we could get the reason more easily and quickly.

Regards! 

<font color="0099FF">&lt;THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED &quot;AS IS&quot; WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED&gt;</font><br/> Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 3:12 AM