missing dll

Question

• I recently downloaded Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition to check it out, tried compiling a simple Hello World program, it compiled fine but when I press F5 to run the exe it gave me this error:

This application has failed to start because MSVCP90.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Reinstalled it, but that didn't fix the problem.

I have Windows XP SP2,
    512 MB RAM
    2.66GHZ Intel Pentium D processor
    in case of need

Help please :rolleyes:
    Wednesday, February 06, 2008 9:42 PM

Answers

• Have you searched your hard disk for the file? You may find it in a directory such as:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC90.CRT

If it's there, copy it to your \windows\system32 directory.

Also copy msvcm90.dll and msvcr90.dll while you're at it.

- Wayne

Friday, February 08, 2008 3:02 AM

All replies

• Have you searched your hard disk for the file? You may find it in a directory such as:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC90.CRT

If it's there, copy it to your \windows\system32 directory.

Also copy msvcm90.dll and msvcr90.dll while you're at it.

- Wayne

Friday, February 08, 2008 3:02 AM
  • Chaps,

I've been having similar problems with finding the msvcr90.dll file.  Thanks Wayne: I've tried your suggestion about putting it in the \WINDOWS\SysWOW64 directory (I've got Windows x64 operating system), and there's no problem now... but there's a new error!!!

I'm running a finite element package called ABAQUS, and when I run this, it says:

The application failed to initialise properly (0xc000007b)

The problem is almost certainly the integration with MS Visual Studio Professional (required since I'm working with 64 bits), so I replaced all of the previous versions of library files with the 9.0 edition.  However, the same error message arises.

Please could anyone enlighten me as to how to crack this black box!!

Rich
    Monday, March 31, 2008 12:33 PM
  •  

I get the following error:

Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll (required by C:\WINDOWS\system31\CEUTIL.dll)

I downloaded a software CD (StudyWare - Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology).  I get the above message everytime I try to open it.  Can someone please...in detail...tell me how to fix this problem.  I have Windows XP.  I already checked in the windows system 32 folder for the dll file and it's there in the system 32 folder.  What else am I supposed to do.  I really need this CD to help me study.  PLEASE HELP!!!

Friday, May 16, 2008 3:30 AM
  • This solution hasnt solved the problem and still there is an error. Howeve i have found all the files and places in windows\system32
    Haris
    Sunday, July 20, 2008 2:06 PM
  • I'm getting the same problem both a) missing msvcp90.dll and b) the initializating error if I copy them from the redist folder of VS2008 when I run a CxxTest unit test.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:23 PM
  • I have this problem and looked in the system32 directory and it is there... but still comes up as missing every time I try to boot up Real Player

Is there something else i can do to fix the problem?

Monday, November 08, 2010 2:11 PM
  • Will,

uninstall Real Player, I assume you're installing version 14.x. Download RealPlayer SP from Real.com and look for older version of Real Player. That should do it.

:)

Thursday, November 11, 2010 10:38 AM