none
Database Engine is initiating recovery on W2K8R2 DC

Question

• On my domain controllers (W2K8R2+SP1), I keep getting follwoing messages in application log. It happended right after shadowcopy and DFSR start a instance. Can someone explain why this is happening ?

svchost (7652) Shadow copy instance 2 completed successfully.

DFSRs (1632) \\.\D:\System Volume Information\DFSR\database_C60A_F66A_AF6_5741\dfsr.db: The database engine (6.01.7601.0000) started a new instance (0).

lsass (584) The database engine (6.01.7601.0000) started a new instance (1).

lsass (584) The database engine is initiating recovery steps.

lsass (584) A database location change was detected from 'D:\Windows\NTDS\ntds.dit' to '\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1726\Windows\NTDS\ntds.dit'.

lsass (584) The database engine has begun replaying logfile \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1726\Windows\NTDS\edb007CB.log.

lsass (584) The database engine has begun replaying logfile \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1726\Windows\NTDS\edb007CC.log.

lsass (584) The database engine has begun replaying logfile \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1726\Windows\NTDS\edb.log.

lsass (584) The database engine has successfully completed recovery steps.

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

Friday, June 29, 2012 2:56 PM

Answers

• It is occuring because the developers output the details to the Application Log for historical purposes.  There is nothing to do but ignore it, I doubt you can shut it off either.

--
    Paul Bergson
    MVP - Directory Services
    MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
    MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci
    2008, Vista, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4
    http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/paulbergson  Twitter @pbbergs
    Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by KungfuPanda2 Friday, June 29, 2012 6:33 PM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 5:42 PM

All replies

• This is not error but logging which is tell you the status of the current changes being applied to the DFS files/folders.

Awinish Vishwakarma - MVP - Directory Services

My Blog: awinish.wordpress.com

Disclaimer This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

Friday, June 29, 2012 3:56 PM
  • Thanks Awinish.  It happends every night when the backup kicks in. Any ideal why this happends.

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

Friday, June 29, 2012 5:21 PM
  • It is occuring because the developers output the details to the Application Log for historical purposes.  There is nothing to do but ignore it, I doubt you can shut it off either.

--
    Paul Bergson
    MVP - Directory Services
    MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
    MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci
    2008, Vista, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4
    http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/paulbergson  Twitter @pbbergs
    Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by KungfuPanda2 Friday, June 29, 2012 6:33 PM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 5:42 PM