none
No Option for Deloying MDS Security and Permission

Question

• MDS security plays a very important role in a model and users may setup complex logic to have a secure mode. It is very disappointing to find out that MDS deployment tool does not support the migration of user securities.  

Developers normally design the security and permission in Dev and test them to make sure they are working. Searching the MDS forum reveals that we need to re-apply security manually in the production server. For an organisation where developers do not have permission to change the production objects, this can be a big task for our busy DBA to do.

I found the work round is to use the open source tool on the CodePlex to export and import security. That’s the only work around for me at the moment.

Can someone please help me to understand the reasons behind this? Why do MDS missing the security in the deployment package?

• Edited by rockzcm Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:02 PM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 8:54 PM

All replies

• We can deploy Security by using MDS API.I have that tool and  I can share that tool if you want? Or if you interested I can share the approach, which one would you prefer?
    Friday, October 18, 2013 1:21 PM