none
All users having access to admin page

Question

• Hi

We have a TFS on the cloud. I'm trying to change the permissions as I don't want every single user to see all the collections existing but I have found that all the users can access to DefaultCollection "_admin" site and in there they can see all the users, all the permissions and through there all existing projects.

Is it possible modify this behavoiour?

Thanks!

Friday, January 10, 2014 8:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Pablo,

For Visual Studio Online(formerly Team Foundation Service), it's unavailable to restrict users to view the security page. As a team member, the minium granular permission to a team project collection is “view collection-level information”. With such permission, users can view the security page as your description. Any suggestion, you can submit an user voice here.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 13, 2014 7:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Pablo, 

Thanks for your post.

As this issue relate to TFS Service, I moved it to VS Online forum for the better response.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, January 13, 2014 2:43 AM
  • Hi Pablo,

For Visual Studio Online(formerly Team Foundation Service), it's unavailable to restrict users to view the security page. As a team member, the minium granular permission to a team project collection is “view collection-level information”. With such permission, users can view the security page as your description. Any suggestion, you can submit an user voice here.

Best regards,

Monday, January 13, 2014 7:48 AM
  • Hi Kim
    Thanks for the answer

It does work... too much

Now, even I'm (being the VSO administrator) getting this error:

• Internal Server Error

We encountered an error and cannot fulfill the request. The error has been traced and will work hard to get a fix out as soon as possible. See the status message below for additional information

• More information about this error

Access Denied: Pablo Martínez needs the following permission(s) to perform this action: View collection-level information

And I'm not being able to see users permissions for ANY project or the default collection

Monday, January 13, 2014 8:14 AM
  • Hi Pablo,

So it's unavailable to  modify this behavior.

Best regards,

Monday, January 13, 2014 8:19 AM
  • Hi Kim

The problem is that I cannot find the way to come back to the previous settings as even myself being administrator I'm getting an error in the security page!!
    Monday, January 13, 2014 8:21 AM
  • Hi Pablo,

Do you have any other MS accounts that in group of "Project Collection Administrators"? If yes, you can sign in with the account and add the needed permission for the former MS account. If not, please
    contact us via the Visual Studio Online support options available here:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=253553

Best regards,

Monday, January 13, 2014 8:26 AM
  • Should I open a bug?

Thanks!

Monday, January 13, 2014 8:58 AM
  • Hi Pablo,

If your VSO account only has the MS account you used in group "Project Collection Administrators". On the VSO support page, click the "Visual Studio Online" button under the 3rd header and file a support request.

Best regards,

Monday, January 13, 2014 9:02 AM